Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
What is included with the coilovers with the "basic install kit" versus the coilovers without the install kit?

·
Registered
437 Posts
"BASIC install kit includes Strut mounts and Strut Bolts".
What it said on the page when you click on the link.

·
Registered
242 Posts
"BASIC install kit includes Strut mounts and Strut Bolts".
What it said on the page when you click on the link.
Thanks, I missed that. It says strut mounts, but does not say anything about the strut bearings? I just need call them when I'm ready to order to make sure it has everything I need.

I saw your other thread on the coilovers. Your car looks great. Low, but not what I would consider slammed. Very nice.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thanks, I missed that. It says strut mounts, but does not say anything about the strut bearings? I just need call them when I'm ready to order to make sure it has everything I need.

I saw your other thread on the coilovers. Your car looks great. Low, but not what I would consider slammed. Very nice.
Thanks! Yeah its my daily driver for now so that's why its not too low! I got mine through autoagenda for a good price and got the whitelines with it, they have a deal with the two.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks! Yeah its my daily driver for now so that's why its not too low! I got mine through autoagenda for a good price and got the whitelines with it, they have a deal with the two.
I saw their prices too and they are good. They are actually $10 cheaper right now, but don't know if their kit also includes the the new strut bolts. Your kit also included new strut bearings, correct?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Kollar Racing basic install kit includes the strut mounts and the strut bolts. BC racing supplys the Coilovers and the strut mount bearings.

·
eat.sleep.detail.
90 Posts
this is probably gonna be my christmas present to myself this year, I cant wait, hopefully a good deal happens again later too *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
781 Posts
What is the difference between this and the Pedders setup I had put on earlier this year?

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
What is the difference between this and the Pedders setup I had put on earlier this year?
strut tube diameter, the pedders are bc racing version 1 struts, with pedders coils on them. the bc racing version 2 has larger strut tubes.

bc racing never sold a version 1 branded as bc racing. the pedders has 6kg springs front and 10kg rear. the bc run 7kg front springs and 9kg rear.

personnally i like the bc racing for the price. i will probably be getting them in the next 6 months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts