Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined about a month ago while searching for a GXP. Finally found one in Kansas and had it transported in yesterday.

Here's the details: #966, MSM A6, Roof - Onyx/Black. The exact combo I was looking for. Took me about 6 months of constant searching to lock one down within my budget, but good lord I'm glad I waited. It is an absolutely magnificent car. I know, I know, I should have bought an M6, BUT I spend 1-2 hours in traffic each day and didn't want to wear out clutches that badly.

Here's the only pic I currently have, sitting next to my 2010 GMC Sierra, which I'm currently debating on selling. I've put a year and a half of work in on it and it'll be hard to part with.

The plans:

Basically keeping it stock. The dicknose before me added some giant spoiler to the back, which was immediately removed. Unfortunately, he drilled holes into the trunk deck to install it, and I'll need to fill them. Some people...

I'm doing 5% tint this weekend, then will start constructing an audio upgrade. The plan is VIM with iPod cables, replacing door speakers with Polk dB651s, replacing tweeters with something (not sure what yet), installing new 8inch subs (possibly CVTs) in the existing mounts and then adding enclosures mounted underneath the rear deck, and then installing a new 5-ch amp. I don't want to shake the block, just want to improve everything a bit.

I'll post up more pics once I'm able to get her cleaned up a bit.

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Well congrats on the GXP man. I like the way you did your truck. Nice and clean.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have pictures of the spoiler, and do you still have it? It may have been a Holden spoiler...
I do have it, it looks OEM, but not my style at all. I will post some pictures tonight, if anyone is interested. Don't want to break any rules by turning this into a for sale post, so I'll just post pics and people can PM me if there is interest.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just looked at some pictures from the Commodore SS, it appears to be the same spoiler. Does anyone know of a price range for these?

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Just looked at some pictures from the Commodore SS, it appears to be the same spoiler. Does anyone know of a price range for these?
It looks to be on ebay for 120 shipped unpainted.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks to be on ebay for 120 shipped unpainted.
Thanks, this one is painted MSM (great quality paint job, from what I can tell, almost definitely a pro job.) Will post pics this evening, anyone who might be interested feel free to shoot me an email.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Generally the person buying the item pays shipping, so no biggie. There's plenty of us with MSM, I'm sure someone will want it if it's in good shape.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Enjoy the car and site. On another note, please don't turn this into a for sale ad with negotiating and the such. Get to the approved post count and follow the for sale rules and one of us will be glad to approve a new ad with your item for sale. Thanks for understanding.

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
Welcome! Sent ya a pm on the spoiler. It would be interesting to find out which spoiler it is (HSV, SV6, SSV).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome and congrats. Enjoy the car and site. On another note, please don't turn this into a for sale ad with negotiating and the such. Get to the approved post count and follow the for sale rules and one of us will be glad to approve a new ad with your item for sale. Thanks for understanding.
Absolutely, wasn't my intention at all. I'll keep any deals to email or private messages. Like I said, I don't want to break any of the rules with my first post.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome! Sent ya a pm on the spoiler. It would be interesting to find out which spoiler it is (HSV, SV6, SSV).
Got your message. Unfortunately I don't know the difference between any of the spoilers, and to avoid angering any of the mods, I'm going to respond to any requests on the spoiler strictly through PM or by email.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts