Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been lurking around for a few weeks and of all the G8 forums still up, this one seems to be the most active.

The G8 has been my attainable dream car since my junior year of high school when it came here to the US. Then the SS came along in 14. Since I do not have 40Gs to drop on one or a GXP, I compromised and am in the process of buying a GT. It's a little higher in mileage at 140k but the Dod delete was done, it has a full exhaust and intake, and has a tune for the btr 2 cam as well as fixing the somewhat slow shifting. It even comes with the stock cats, 2 gto wheels, and a higher stall converter. I'm super stoked about it as I've been waiting for years to get my hands on one. I'll post pictures after I pick it up.

It does have a couple of issues though that the previous owner has not had a chance to fix, sagging headliner, and a clunk in the rear. Something I would like to fix, if possible, is the absolutely atrocious delay when up shifting manually. Who at GM thought a half second was an acceptable time between asking for a shift and the car actually doing it? Is there any way to mitigate that short of installing the paddleshift mod?

Anyways, I can't wait to own this car and enjoy it for many years to come.

·
Registered
2009 Liquid Red GT 439WHP
37 Posts
Welcome aboard. Man that sounds exactly like my G8 GT all the way down to the sagging headliner. I think I need to check my garage when I get home.

Trans tune might be able to fix it. RCR or Adam Cooper at ACE could do that for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome!

·
every village has one
2,318 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
348 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new(to you)G8!

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
Welcome and post some pics!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well I picked it up today. This car is niiiiice. It rides well, goes like hell, and stops pretty well. It was a dream car well worth waiting for. Just need to install the TC cause I've killed it 3 times by braking too hard at low speeds. This BTR cam really likes to push the brakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I picked it up today. This car is niiiiice. It rides well, goes like hell, and stops pretty well. It was a dream car well worth waiting for. Just need to install the TC cause I've killed it 3 times by braking too hard at low speeds.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Liquid Red GT 439WHP
37 Posts
Car looks good my dude. Where are you located?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well I picked it up today. This car is niiiiice. It rides well, goes like hell, and stops pretty well. It was a dream car well worth waiting for. Just need to install the TC cause I've killed it 3 times by braking too hard at low speeds. This BTR cam really likes to push the brakes.
It will probably always push on the brakes a little with that cam and a stock torque converter, but it shouldn't be dying when you stop. It sounds like the tune needs to be touched up.

Congrats on the purchase though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The big issue is that it tries to upshift super early when I'm not on the gas and stay in those high gears as late as possible when slowing down. I often get a downshift from 3rd to 1st under 5 mph, then a huge surge on the brakes. It's definitely a trans shifting issue that needs some fine tuning.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
A reputable tuner should be able to get those things squared away relatively easy and have anyone in mind?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts