Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
Just got approved for an auto loan, and I am about to seriously start my search for my future G8.

I know I am looking for one under 20k with as few miles on her as that amount will allow. Just curious when I go to check one out if there are any particular trouble areas I should be especially through in looking out for? Besides of course the standard used car ailments (A/C, tires breaks belts hoses ect.). Any help is much appreciated as well as any possible leads on cars for sale.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good to see you are here in San Diego.

I have not found a lot of chronic trouble spots on the car. I would be looking for a clean unmolested car if possible, trouble can crop up with purchasing heavily modified/tuned cars. But you can get get good deals on these modified cars if you are knowledgable and/or can have a good mechanic that knows the vehicle type give it a once over. Buying a car tuned by an amateur first time engine tuner as he learned the ropes can be troublesome.

Good luck in your search! And if you want a second set of eyes to give a local car a once over send a PM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks!

Going to look a one up in Carlsbad tomorrow. Ill keep the board updated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts