Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls! I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself here on the G8Board. My name is Josh and I have joined the team at ARH to help assist them with the online part of business. If anyone should have any questions about the products here at ARH, please don’t hesitate to ask. The quickest way to get a response is by sending me a PM. I will do my best to answer everyone’s questions.

I also just wanted to add that I'm not new to the G8 scene. I had a G8 GT for a little bit and I really miss that car. However I wanted to go back to a car with a manual trans so I ended up picking up another GTO. I should have bought a GXP when I had the chance. Here are a few pics of my old G8 GT.

Anyways, I look forward to spending my time helping everyone here. Like I said please don’t hesitate to ask me anything!

Josh

·
Northeast G8 Owners Club
681 Posts
Welcome Josh! I ordered a set of 1 7/8" last week and I'm having them installed at Corvettes of Westchester next Saturday. I can't wait!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Welcome to the family. Check your PM.

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
so what is the difference between the smaller headers
and the 1 7/8 header? for a car that will have a full
exhaust, headers back, with only a tune and cai, what
size would i need ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what is the difference between the smaller headers
and the 1 7/8 header? for a car that will have a full
exhaust, headers back, with only a tune and cai, what
size would i need ?
If you are only planning those mods, I would go with 1 3/4. However I know that a lot of people say they are only going to do bolt ons and then the heads come, then the cam, then the forced induction (im one of these people :judge:). So I typically recommend the 1 7/8's, it gives you room to grow.

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
so no performance loss going with the 1 7/8ths ?
im sure i will mod a bit more down the road, but
it will be a year or so.. im in the same boat, i
wanna do it once and done kind of deal.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so no performance loss going with the 1 7/8ths ?
im sure i will mod a bit more down the road, but
it will be a year or so.. im in the same boat, i
wanna do it once and done kind of deal.
If you're thinking about more down the road then without a doubt just go with the 1 7/8. Theres no performance loss going with 1 7/8.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts