Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a member here for a while under my original username Bowlochili.

In august of 2015 I sold my 2008 Pontiac G8 to a guy in NJ. Feeling a bit nostalgic, I reached out to the owner on Facebook and later learned that the guy died a year after he bought my car. The G8 sat for a while and his sister took ownership. In speaking with her, she told me her nephew, replaced the motor and did some minor performance upgrades to the car. So I told her, if you ever want to sell it, contact me first.

She contacted me a few weeks ago and sent me a list of things done to the car (after I sold it) a few pictures and the mileage. I sold the vehicle with 97,450 miles. The picture I received had 76,005. I ran a carfax and no the mileage had never been reported. I did call the last shop I had taken it prior to selling the G8 and they have the mileage in their system.

Im just sending this warning out that if someone purchases this car, the mileage is not correct. I loved that car and its ****ed up what they did.

The day I sold the car

The car as it is now.

The original Print Screen of the VIN from the Pontiac Website

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
i dont think its a span
guy i s trying to help people on the board
unfortunately nothing you can do in this case if the mileage was never recorded cannot prove anything

·
Registered
588 Posts
How would one go about rolling it back? Maybe had to replace the cluster and never had it properly programmed? I really don't know.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Im thinking the cluster had to be replaced not the odometer rolled back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
Trenton Man
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing