Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:gr_jest: Actually I can't touch your times Troy but out here on the Left coast I'm repping hard for the G8's.:burnout:

Ran Consistent 11.8s all day as I hot lapped. Car always ran faster on the 2nd or 3rd hot lap pass than the first. After 3 passes I would let the car cool down for a while and do it all over again.

I think I May just have the second fastest naturally aspirated G8 in Cali right behind Familycaronroids who sold his a while back. I'll have to do some research on that...

Only changes to the car from the last time I ran at that track was my Full exhaust swap from pace setters with solo exhaust, to OBX exhaust with custom axle backs. Picked up nearly two tenths and 2mph...

On the slip with the 2nd car I was racing a Boss 302 mustang with catless exhaust and tune. Neither of wanted to lose and we both red lighted, but I pulled out a 2-1/2 car lead on him and held it the whole way down the track. At no point on the top end did he even creep up to catch me so I was really surprised how high his trap mph was because he never gained any. Later that night he ended up running [email protected]! There was also a GTR out there running [email protected] in street trim. Nuts.

Again here are my two time slips from the same track under similar conditions of +400DA
New setup with OBX and custom bullet mufflers

Old slip at same track under similar conditions with Pacesetters and Solo Exhaust...

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Very nice! Solid numbers, sound like an awesome run against the Boss. One of these days I will have more money to mod and I too can go after Troy lol.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Steady 11s! Right on!!!

That 3" is where it's at!! And it's most definitely on my list along with UDP and some 3.27s...

I love it, repping the good ole pontiacs coast to coast! 5.0's beware, should you roll up on a white hot G8....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Damn, maybe I should trade back into a WH lol. If only I could get a wagon!

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steady 11s! Right on!!!

That 3" is where it's at!! And it's most definitely on my list along with UDP and some 3.27s...

I love it, repping the good ole pontiacs coast to coast! 5.0's beware, should you roll up on a white hot G8....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yeah buddy!

My mods are begging for more cam. Don't know if there is a lot more I can get out of this little baby cam, but it sure is doing well for what it is.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow, picked up .2 with just an exhaust change up!! Thats awesome and if it makes you feel any better, I've put my eye on Troy's time as well!! lol

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Wow, picked up .2 with just an exhaust change up!! Thats awesome and if it makes you feel any better, I've put my eye on Troy's time as well!! lol
Your getting close! Gonna need to up my game for the good air that's coming in the fall, but in the mean time we might have to line them up. It's definitely close enough that it would come down to a drivers battle. Which is exactly what makes the adrenaline flow. I was trying to catch dustin (dctg8) when I started modding then he went to his p1sc setup....I wish I had to money to go to Rick and say "make this the fastest g8 in the country". I'm sure he can do it

let me know when you are heading back out to fayetteville

Yeti: where's the vids, I'd like to hear a pass with the new exhaust

Sent from AutoGuide.com Appass

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your getting close! Gonna need to up my game for the good air that's coming in the fall, but in the mean time we might have to line them up. It's definitely close enough that it would come down to a drivers battle. Which is exactly what makes the adrenaline flow. I was trying to catch dustin (dctg8) when I started modding then he went to his p1sc setup....I wish I had to money to go to Rick and say "make this the fastest g8 in the country". I'm sure he can do it

let me know when you are heading back out to fayetteville

Yeti: where's the vids, I'd like to hear a pass with the new exhaust

Sent from AutoGuide.com Appass
Real close for sure but not quite there...yet! Can't wait to finally meet up with you guys and have a little fun at the track! And yeah I wish I had a bigger money tree to get the "FULL" Rick treatment!! Maybe one day!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Damn, I wish I had an orchard of money trees too so I could play. At the moment my house is a money pit and seems to devour every thing I have. Eventually though, its gonna jump to a whole new level.

·
lsgearhead
2,116 Posts
Very nice runs and consistant as hell.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Damn, I wish I had an orchard of money trees too so I could play. At the moment my house is a money pit and seems to devour every thing I have. Eventually though, its gonna jump to a whole new level.
Haven't seen you on here so much lately, hows your car running? Sorry to threadjack yeti, but not offen you see Morris on here.

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Yeah buddy!

My mods are begging for more cam. Don't know if there is a lot more I can get out of this little baby cam, but it sure is doing well for what it is.
Way to go West Coast! Great runs! Good to see you solid into the 11's.:driving: I tried hooking Troy up so he could sell his stock pipes and buy the OBX setup but the timing wasn't right with him buying a new house. Seeing your new times with the OBX I'm sure is just eating at him.:stickpoke:

Not saying a different cam wouldn't help a little, but you may be able to get more out of it with a little more tweaking on the heads. It doesn't take much cam to go fast so don't be too hasty for something bigger. Nothing I run is much bigger than what you have. After running 120-122mph with that last DoD cam, I'm sold on a good top-end build. Whether it be PRC heads, Trick Flows, ect.... It doesn't take much when the flow it right. There are always more tricks you can do with a combination to get faster without digging too far into the motor just takes a little creativity. From where you are at, it is easy to trade torque for horsepower. Just make sure it will be something that will yield gains at the track. You can take a Vararam intake and with a little plastic can get a little more pressure at the inlet to help keep the kPa at 99-100 thru a pass.

Again, Congrats!

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Real close for sure but not quite there...yet! Can't wait to finally meet up with you guys and have a little fun at the track! And yeah I wish I had a bigger money tree to get the "FULL" Rick treatment!! Maybe one day!
Oh, I think it is close enough for now....:D

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice
What cam and head work been done
I have a low lift custom spec'd DOD cam and ported stock heads.

Haven't seen you on here so much lately, hows your car running? Sorry to threadjack yeti, but not offen you see Morris on here.
No worries. I scared Morris off the track so he doesn't come around much any more:D

Way to go West Coast! Great runs! Good to see you solid into the 11's.:driving: I tried hooking Troy up so he could sell his stock pipes and buy the OBX setup but the timing wasn't right with him buying a new house. Seeing your new times with the OBX I'm sure is just eating at him.:stickpoke:

Not saying a different cam wouldn't help a little, but you may be able to get more out of it with a little more tweaking on the heads. It doesn't take much cam to go fast so don't be too hasty for something bigger. Nothing I run is much bigger than what you have. After running 120-122mph with that last DoD cam, I'm sold on a good top-end build. Whether it be PRC heads, Trick Flows, ect.... It doesn't take much when the flow it right. There are always more tricks you can do with a combination to get faster without digging too far into the motor just takes a little creativity. From where you are at, it is easy to trade torque for horsepower. Just make sure it will be something that will yield gains at the track. You can take a Vararam intake and with a little plastic can get a little more pressure at the inlet to help keep the kPa at 99-100 thru a pass.

Again, Congrats!
Thanks for the insight Rick! Your thoughts are always appreciated. I know you like to run your cams with a lot less LSA than my 115+4 and definitely more lift than my .499. My setup really has a lot of get up and go down low and the midrange, just doesn't have the top end that some of the cars you are doing have done, but I had to make sure that I could get a cam that would be able to pass the toughest smog laws in the nation here in Cali so it is what it is.

I know your heads are on all the fastest NA G8's, but I was on a budget and didn't anticipate getting the heads done for so little, so I no LS3 intake valves for me. I'm sure if I milled the heads and increased compression that would help some as I'm still at stock compression. I have my eyes on some skinnies I car run up front that will fit over my big brakes and I'm sure I will drop ET with that as you guys out there in NC have proven the benefits of that. I'm really leaning towards calling it a day with the car the way it is setup NA, and maybe toying with nitrous for the track. I dunno what I want to do yet. More than anything I am pleased with what the car is doing right now, but I always try to keep in mind what is next.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I have to give props and Congrats to the yeti, he has beast. Still, I'm not scared its just I know I cant compete with out some mods. The car is running great but its only a 12.2 car as it sits now. With some drag radials I think 11's are possible for sure but probably not a 11.8. Eventually I would like to do some forced induction which could bring me well into the 10's, I just don't have the cash right now. The new house has been a costly and its going to be another year before I have an opportunity upset the yeti. I'm still around though, just mostly lurking as I can't contribute like I once was able to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts