Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last time I was at the track for GONE I ran a 13.12 in a DA of about 1200 with a 2.0 60 ft. After installing the Rick C intake and ported TB and having Rick do some long distance Email tuning from logs I've sent him, I have a new Personal Best: 12.790 @ 108.65mph with a DA of 1400 and a 1.955 60ft. That's 0.33 sec faster than before Rick's magic parts and tune. All 9 runs were faster than my old PB. I'm sure once I get these stock RSA's off the car and replace the wheels and tires with VMR 713 9.5x19's with the 285 Hankook V12's I'll drop down those 60 fts and might knock off another tenth or so. The shifts were down right head banging in Sport mode.

Thanks Rick! I did get a couple of logs on some slower runs and will send them your way. The O2 WB was nailed to 12.2 most of the time with fluxuations at shift and a flicker to 12.1 or 12.3 every once in a while. All in all very happy.

P.S. Forgot to mention I met up with Joe Bracketracer in his GXP, his friends Josh in his 06 GTO and Eric in his Supercharged 03 Z06 Vette at Byron Dragway. Also George in his G8 from Napperville and another guy (I'm so sorry, I forgot his name) in his G8 from McHenry. Beautiful way to start out Spring in the Midwest.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Way to be man. Maybe one day one of my mods will be blessed by the hands of rick well congrats. safe driving

·
Registered
28 Posts
It was nice to meet you ken and some other g8 guys I will have rick do my intake manifold and tb when that time comes what is his SN

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was nice to meet you ken and some other g8 guys I will have rick do my intake manifold and tb when that time comes what is his SN
As I said over on the CHC site it was great to meet you as well. Rick goes by G8-4-Speed.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Congrats on the new PB!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Good run!! Wish I could have been there!

·
Nice Weather, Please?
775 Posts
and another guy (I'm so sorry, I forgot his name) in his G8 from McHenry. Beautiful way to start out Spring in the Midwest.
Hey it's Dan, I had a great time, too bad my car is slow. I sent Rick an email, hopefully he can work his magic on my car. I feel I should be at least upper 12s-low 13s. My times are just embarrassing. Nice meeting you all!

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey it's Dan, I had a great time, too bad my car is slow. I sent Rick an email, hopefully he can work his magic on my car. I feel I should be at least upper 12s-low 13s. My times are just embarrassing. Nice meeting you all!
Dan, so sorry I dropped the name, I swear my age is catching up with me. It was great meeting Tony and yourself. We all start out that way, up until now I was beginning to think: what is wrong with this car? It just didn't seem to run nearly as fast as cars with less modifications. Guess it was the "B" tune that was holding me back.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Congrats; very nice gain!

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Nice PB Ken! Glad it is running good for you, you're welcome!

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Congrats on the PB.

What was MPH difference?

Lots of variables here. I'd credit the wideband o2 tune and trans tune as much as anything else.
The first tune before was decent and was dialed in on a dyno. DA was +200 from the first time. The original tune Mph shifts were close to the same as the first tune( 2-3 and 3-4 were bumped 1) and sport minimum shift time were zero.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The first tune before was decent and was dialed in on a dyno. DA was +200 from the first time. The original tune Mph shifts were close to the same as the first tune( 2-3 and 3-4 were bumped 1) and sport minimum shift time were zero.
Ok, i didn't realize it was dialed in before the mods. Nicely done!

I'd still like to know trap speed MPH before vs. after?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Congrats on the new PB! Rick definitely knows his stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, i didn't realize it was dialed in before the mods. Nicely done!

I'd still like to know trap speed MPH before vs. after?
Old trap speed was 106.55. New trap speed is 108.65.
Corrected times using dragtimes DA/Corrected ET calculator:
Before Rick's stuff: [email protected]
After Rick's magic: [email protected]

As Rick stated the car was dyno tuned just prior to old PB. The only changes since then was Rick's stuff. Rick pulled out torque management in the trans tune and I'm sure that is playing a part as it shifts like a beast now. I do not have HPT Pro so Rick has been tuning without a WB. The data I provided in OP (nailed to 12.2) was me reading the gauge. Besides the Rotofab, the intake mod, ported TB and tune was the cheapest mods I've done and has resulted in the largest gains.

All I have to say is the corrected gain of 0.4sec and 2.744mph is an incredible gain for the money!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts