Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new setup is finally here and even with my tune not being complete I couldn't wait but to get out there and give her a go...

I went with a DRAG DR 49 18X9 rim to with a 265 MT ET street II DR to fit over the brembos. 10lbs weight savings over my 20x10 with 285 street setup.

DAs were 800ft and got down to 5XXft. My tune is off on the shift point for the 3-4 shift and the car is shifting at 6200 rpm instead of the typical 6600-6700rpms so I am losing a bit on the big end of the track. My 1/8 mile times are awesome though. Pat should have the tune dialed in for the stall shortly and then it is back to the track for those 11s.

I ran 1.76 60fts every time stalling it up to 1300-1500rpm Next time I will try stalling her closer to 2k. My passes were 12.07,12.03,12.03,12.02 @114s

Here is a vid of my first ever run on the DRs with the stall, with more fun to follow.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Very nice! Congrats almost have the 11's!

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice! Congrats almost have the 11's!
Yeah the 11s are in the bag. Just need some tuning and a harder launch.

Can't wait to see how hard I can push this baby cam.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
soo close....Ohh so close! I thought she would be mid 7's with that stall in the 1/8. But yea whatever is happening on the back half of the track is really hurting.

I bet its fun to launch! Mine is scheduled for a field trip to Rick's April 6. Cant wait to see what she can do when she has the ability to cut 1.60's-1.70's 60'...

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
soo close....Ohh so close! I thought she would be mid 7's with that stall in the 1/8. But yea whatever is happening on the back half of the track is really hurting.

I bet its fun to launch! Mine is scheduled for a field trip to Rick's April 6. Cant wait to see what she can do when she has the ability to cut 1.60's-1.70's 60'...
The launch feels like being dropped on roller coaster. It feels like being shot out of a cannon. It is also cool that the car dead hooks on the street!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Looking good man! Almost there!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Damn, these wouldve matched my 701s perfectly...looks really good, nice times too.

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking good man! Almost there!!
I know right! Next drag racing thread will have a nice big 11.XX in the title:judge:

Damn, these wouldve matched my 701s perfectly...looks really good, nice times too.
Dude I was looking at picking up some 718s because they look real close to my current setup, but I ended up going this route as they had the perfect offset and weight for the size tire I was going with.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
NIce!!! So close and so consistent!!! do you bracket race ? :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Guessing no rubbing then...hmm maybe Ill pick up a set for my street tires. Nice to see another option for 18s/brembos.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Congrats Yeti. Anything you dislike with the stall? I have read that when the converter locks up, it is very noticeable.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats nice time on the dod baby cam.

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NIce!!! So close and so consistent!!! do you bracket race ? :)
I suck at bracket racing because I don't consistently cut good lights. I'm usually in the .2xx range. It is a hell of a lot easier bracket racing with DR's though!

Guessing no rubbing then...hmm maybe Ill pick up a set for my street tires. Nice to see another option for 18s/brembos.
Yeah they clear with no issues and zero rubbing. They are a 9in rim with a 30 offset. My 10in street rims have a 43 offset so they work out to poke out to the exact same spot. I didn't want my DR setup to be sunk in. Call me vain I guess :wink2:

Congrats Yeti. Anything you dislike with the stall? I have read that when the converter locks up, it is very noticeable.
My in city gas mileage took a dump, but besides that it is fine. It is a very tight stall. I can not discern when the converter locks.

So awesome on that dod cam too!
Thanks

Phew, I'm still faster... if at only by a bit. So, maybe I can try those DR's out sometime?

-Todd...
When ever you are ready they are yours to use. Just remember you will need to roll your fenders a tad. Doesn't cost much and I had Rick at Synergy do mine.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Very nice Yeti!!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Great job Ike!!! Yea your car has 11's in her easy if you just fix the back 1/2. I ran a 7.76 @ 96 in the 1/8 on my 11.86 pass, so once you get your top end sorted out it'll run high 11's with ease on that cam.....especially in better DA.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
The rims look good! Your going to do awesome in brackets now for sure.

Todd, you may need to do the bumper bracket mod too. I'm happy to help with that if you want it done.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts