Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to T&T tonight...only G8 there that I saw. Did see a new CTS-V...wanted to steal his wheels. Went with a few folks from here in Laramie...one with a '67 Firebird (also has a 2010 Camaro with 616whp, but that stayed home), one with a stock 2010 Camaro SS, and one with a JYD Fox body.

First run sucked...hot off the road, street tires spun bad...seriously, it was the first time in my life I literally did not move with the tires spinning without having a line lock. Trapped 101.x once it hooked (in second, short shifted).

Then I changed tires (and put the bottle in), hit 12.855 @ 115.17 with a 2.316 60ft and a 4185lb race weight including me.

By the end of the night, the Fox hit 11.38 @ 112ish, Camaro best was 14.2ish, and the Firebird hit 12.86 @ 115.

For me, every run was better than the one before, ending with an almost two hour break to cool and spectate before my last run at 8:19pm:

2.154 60ft
5.504 330ft
8.196 1/8th ET
92.21 1/8th MPH
10.520 1000ft
12.464 1/4 ET
116.85 1/4 MPH

According to DragTimes (and using the correct 69º as the temp), DA for that run was 7803, and the middle correction factor for extensively modified engines brings the time to 11.491 @ 126.13...NHRA correction numbers for Bandi bring it to 11.562 @ 125.883. Either way, I am satisfied for now.

Next up, I need to get the more-dialed-in tune from Kirk and try again. And I need to get my converter installed, as the horrible 60ft times are due to not hitting nitrous until 3000 RPM (I will not go lower), and the converter only flashing to 1600. Having to go a full car length or more before getting into the spray (or even anywhere near the cam's power-band) hurts. If I can get the 60ft down to a low 1.8, high 1.7, I am sure I can crack 11's at altitude. If not, I got bigger pills :). Then comes cam and shooting for 10's (eventually).

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
150hp

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Good grief that DA is high!! You should be rolling with a 150 hit! Get that 60' down as you mentioned and you'll be on track for a number!

Good to see another N2O car running around!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Not a bad time to make a run, awesome DA for us up here!
Let me know when u run again so we can meet up.

A little bit more tuning and you'll be set. Are u officially the fastest G8 at Bandimere now?

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For now, as far as I know. Once Jackie sprays hers, she should be a bit faster thanks to the cam. A dialed in tune and the converter will hopefully get me close to needing a cage...which will not happen, so I will be done trying to go faster (at Bandi anyhow). Will also be getting close to the limit on fueling as well.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Who said I was gona spray????

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
procharger?
lord knows you can't handle being second at the track....

My first mod will be a diesel smoke generator....

·
Registered
531 Posts
procharger?
lord knows you can't handle being second at the track....

My first mod will be a diesel smoke generator....
You are NOT nice! :censored: That was MEAN!

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No one said you were, I am just guessing that you will. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tweaky, I was getting .223 60 foots with the stock GT but 345 gears then added an FTI 3600 converter and with tons of wheel spin I'm now at .195 60 foots.

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With spray, I am hoping to get 1.8x 60ft. Might have to put bigger jets in to get mid 11's though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
With spray, I am hoping to get 1.8x 60ft. Might have to put bigger jets in to get mid 11's though.
I'll have some sticky's on for the Sept 10th Club Clash at Bandimere so hope it will help a little more. Any chance you'll be there?

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Planning on it. Wife and I are working our schedules around to be able to drive down during nap-time, drop her and the kid off at the in-laws, then head to the track. Probably going to have to drive down on the MT's though...no room.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Planning on it. Wife and I are working our schedules around to be able to drive down during nap-time, drop her and the kid off at the in-laws, then head to the track. Probably going to have to drive down on the MT's though...no room.
Great, I actaull run with the CO GTO club but hope to meet you Friday.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Strange. I am at 3100 feet with high das. The 3600 fti stall with a superchips tuner and mickey thompson drag radials netted me a 1.743 sixty foot time at sir. My top end went down from 107 to 105. The stall was good for three tenths. All on the start. Two reasons for it going slower at top end. Not adding horsepower and getting down the track faster gives you less time to build speed. Also I do not think the fti 3600 was locking. and i was told by Greg not to lock it. When I get her tuned Greg did tell me I could lock her at 100 plus. Next up the 345 camaro diff.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Strange. I am at 3100 feet with high das. The 3600 fti stall with a superchips tuner and mickey thompson drag radials netted me a 1.743 sixty foot time at sir. My top end went down from 107 to 105. The stall was good for three tenths. All on the start. Two reasons for it going slower at top end. Not adding horsepower and getting down the track faster gives you less time to build speed. Also I do not think the fti 3600 was locking. and i was told by Greg not to lock it. When I get her tuned Greg did tell me I could lock her at 100 plus. Next up the 345 camaro diff.
Thats a great 60 foot time for the mods you have. I was looking up the altitude in Tucson and it says 2500 feet, is the drag strip at a higher elevation? I gained about 5 tenths and 4-5mph with a 1500 foot drop in altitude so know it makes a good difference.

I have the 345 gears but if I could do it again I would go 370s. Also I dropped about 3mph with the converter too, it doesn't feel like it pulls as hard on the top end but sure launches better.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
AT the airport it is 2500 feet. But SIR is in Vail, southeast of Tucson. The track elevation is 3100 feet. DAs run from 4000 to 7000 feet. We never have a DA equal to the 3100 feet.

My best 60 foot time was mashing it off of idle. Came right up to 3600 rpm or so. I was getting tons of 1.75 60 foot times. My worst 60 foot times are when I power braked to about 3000 rpm. 1.8 or so. But I was getting a little spin/hop.

www.sidragway.com

first page gives you elevation. 3075

·
Registered
194 Posts
AT the airport it is 2500 feet. But SIR is in Vail, southeast of Tucson. The track elevation is 3100 feet. DAs run from 4000 to 7000 feet. We never have a DA equal to the 3100 feet.

My best 60 foot time was mashing it off of idle. Came right up to 3600 rpm or so. I was getting tons of 1.75 60 foot times. My worst 60 foot times are when I power braked to about 3000 rpm. 1.8 or so. But I was getting a little spin/hop.

www.sidragway.com

first page gives you elevation. 3075
Thanks! Thats what I figured, I looked at the website and missed that so sent an e-mail and never heard back. I hear ya onthe da, it is always much higher here to although I don't track it, I usually hear from one of our team and it was apparently over 10K one night.

I usually only get to the track about once a month during our short season (you are so lucky) and this year had some kind of new mod every race so still trying to figure it out. I do think launching just off idle with the converter is going to be best but no more playing till next year:(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts