Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I am nowhere near Jackie, but it's a start.

1980 Pontiac Firebird, V-6, Automatic, Black interior. Needs a little love in some spots but not to bad overall. Picked it up for a grand. I think I will turn it into a Formula. I got a buddy with a couple of 400's laying around that need cars to go into.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/IHX4xUEsYJQoW7vMXlGnFA?feat=directlink

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
ummm....I liked the other T/A u were lookin' at a while back better....but this one can be one hell a runner too...good luck man!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've got an 83 camaro that would love to take a 400 :-D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ummm....I liked the other T/A u were lookin' at a while back better....but this one can be one hell a runner too...good luck man!
I liked the T/A also. But the big difference is that this Firebird runs, and runs well. Drove it home with no issues. The T/A I was looking at hadn't been started in 5 years and had the rod knock of death when they shut it down last. Plus the interior had a small forest and all four tires were flat and rotted. The Firebird I got was a much better starting point.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I like better the 78 Grill. When Pontiac decided to put that rubber nose (in 79)... in short, I would fired the designer and the rest of the production managers. Is just plain ugly. Perhaps is more aerodynamic but is just a fugly.

Anyway, shows some pics when you get it all restored. :laugh:

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Nice project. You sure you want to do the 400, or maybe an LSX?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats Mike! Good luck with the project! Keep us updated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts