Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ninio, thanks for the heads up... A local dealer here in Austin just recently started offering the deals with the dealer cash making them about the same price as yours, so I guess i will have to see if they are doing the same thing. By the way, is their any difference at all between the pre price increase 09's and the post price increase 09's (not talking about the 09.5's with bluetooth)? Most of the 09's this dealer had are still MSRP's at 33210.00 with sport and premium. Just curious if they are missing something or just been hanging around a lot longer.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the main difference is that they have an additional 1000 in old age money and are typically over 150 days old in inventory

·
Registered
610 Posts
That sucks...

As you may know my car got totaled, took them a month to look at it. Now I will finely be getting the check next week, and so next weekend (11-12) I was planning on heading down south to you guys...

Now if no dealer incentive is around...

Bah this sucks, guess ill have to rethink the car:/

Nino can you get a hold of used 2009.5's?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been staying away from used ones. They just aren't worth it...

Why wait for the check though?

If you like one of the ones here you can come pick it up and sign everything while I have a chance to use the old incentives and we can do a hold check till yours clears. ;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
I would love to, but the car value has not been agreeded on. So I'm not sure how much I can put down. I am hoping the 10k range but not sure.

Not sure what to do, you have a almost 100% sale if it can hold. Else not sure... I am just one of those people that do not count on something happening of it hasn't.

If your not into the used department can you pm me person to contact?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I just can't backdate that far. from the standpoint of getting the better deal, why not do it with less money down and get the car (im assuming you are gonna need one) and then pay the money towards the loan when it comes in?

Whats your other option?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah, I just can't backdate that far. from the standpoint of getting the better deal, why not do it with less money down and get the car (im assuming you are gonna need one) and then pay the money towards the loan when it comes in?

Whats your other option?
Monthly $$$ and taxes...

My other options are a used G8 (boo), a BMW used (2006-2007), infinity g35 sedan (2007+).

Honestly something needs to be figured out... because sadly I want the new G8 GT with the bluetooth.

Since you guys sell so many im sure you have to have a few used.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, we dont keep or buy used ones and have only had 1 traded.

Taxes dont change with money down. They stay the same and are based on the purchase price.

As for payments, you can refi and put the money down once you get the check.

Its up to you man, Im offering options that get you the car you say you want for the better price.

If you are willing to settle or pay more over these reasons or get a used one for what will essentially be slightly less than new thats your call.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well you offer a great deal, refinance % is normally about 6-8% not 3.99%.

If I get a 30k car down to 20k I only pay taxes on the 20k and not the 30k.

I can get a 2008 GT for 22k, so I would prefer to pay 3k more for a known record as most people on here would.

Last I checked, if I post date a check nothing stops the dealership from cashing it. The best I could do then (and would be willing to do) is throw 5k on one CC and 5k on another CC. If you guys accepted that (which you wont) then I would buy today.

Im sorry to hear that you guys must not have a good used/demo selection with as many as your selling.

Thanks for all the help Nino, just try not to throw your used car sales guys under a bus... I figure if your selling them for 26 they got traded in for about 22 or less ;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sell both new and used here. We simply dont buy used G8's at the auction.

If I say Im holding a check I hold a check. You dont post date it, you date it for the day its written and fill out a form where the date of it being cashed goes.

If you buy a car for 25,995.00 you pay tax on 25,995.00. Plain and simple. Down payment has no affect on taxes. Only rebates and trades.

Seems you are looking for reason to wait so I will accomidate you and not try and provide ways to help your situation. Let me know if I can help in the future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nino I sent you a pm a couple of days ago asking about me trading my tahoe in. Not sure if you got it or not. Well I want a black g8 gt with premuim and sport. If you have the car and give me a good enough price on my trade I will go buy it right now if not tomorrow for sure.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes, the main difference is that they have an additional 1000 in old age money and are typically over 150 days old in inventory
Well then he is not hurting as bad as he tried to sound... He reluctantly agreed to match your price (he actually will go $26900.00) but was still not able to help me out much on my trade. I will be in the hole $2600.00 on my trade. I told them I would have to sleep on it, so they sent me home with the car. I guess they think if I sleep in the car I will fall madly in love with it and have to have it. It is a Pacific Slate w/ premiun and sport.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
send me the last 8 of the vin and Ill tell you what the invoice is, what their advertising is, when they recieved it and what they shopuld sell it for. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
so nino I looked at the inventory and saw that you have a White GXP. Do you still have that? im working the wife right now but its going to be tuff. If I do convince her will you be there tomorrow?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts