Order placed as well!

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
Sike are you gonna visit DRIEATMALEPARTS when you come to Chicago? :gr_jest:

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
I'm in Zion near Six Flags park, which is about 50 miles away from where you'll be.

·
Registered
471 Posts
how hard is the installation? do you provide instructions? can I view them before I purchase?

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
Well I lucked out then, enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ordered, looking forward to it arriving :)

·
LS is More
545 Posts
I installed the RKE Extender. It's much longer than the original antenna by at least twice the length. The install wasn't that bad. Taking everything out was easy, putting it all back together was a little more challenging.

The unfortunate thing is that I'm not getting any increased distance. It seems about the same distance as before. I don't understand it at all, since it's so much longer than the old antenna and really well made too.

I've only tried it in my driveway and will respond back if there's any better luck in other areas.

I hope others that have installed it have much better luck.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I installed the RKE Extender. It's much longer than the original antenna by at least twice the length. The install wasn't that bad. Taking everything out was easy, putting it all back together was a little more challenging.

The unfortunate thing is that I'm not getting any increased distance. It seems about the same distance as before. I don't understand it at all, since it's so much longer than the old antenna and really well made too.

I've only tried it in my driveway and will respond back if there's any better luck in other areas.

I hope others that have installed it have much better luck.
I PM'ed you a trick to try on the 2009.5's let me know if it works ;)

·
asdf
818 Posts
Installed..... so I tested it out in the open and got some good results. Then I parked my truck in front of it and got nothing. Was hoping this would fix that.

·
LS is More
545 Posts
Mike, what distance are you getting? What year is your car? I'm getting around 25 to 35 feet. Chris emailed me somthing to try. It's night now, so it'll have to wait till after work tomorrow for me to take everything out again.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Mike, what distance are you getting? What year is your car? I'm getting around 25 to 35 feet. Chris emailed me somthing to try. It's night now, so it'll have to wait till after work tomorrow for me to take everything out again.
I had the same problem you had during testing till I did that trick now I've EASILY quadrupled my stock range. Another trick is to keep your arm straight pointed away from you with the fob inbetween your thumb and pointer that seems to make things consistent as well. Also a fresh remote battery if you'd have your car for awhile.

·
asdf
818 Posts
I have an 09 but not the 09.5. I was getting 25-35 feet and now with nothing in the way I'm getting around 150ft but I haven't tested further than that. That's why I said I've gotten good results. I'm going to really test it at work tomorrow. I park about 400ft away from the door so I hope it works

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Well hell that's not good news....I was about ready to start the install process today but i'm not liking what I'm reading so far.....

·
asdf
818 Posts
Don't listen to us man... just do the install and let us know how yours turns out

Mine works 200% better with nothing in the way... maybe 400% once I fully test it.

·
asdf
818 Posts
What kind of signal the the FOB transfer? I mean... this thing is totally weak if it can't go through a car. This extender works amazing as long as nothing is in the way. But that's impractical because when i leave work the parking lot is full and there is always a car next to me. I'm gonna try and replace the battery. Hopefully that helps.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts