Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Dropping it next month. XXR521 18x8.5 w/Yoko 255/40s, 18x10 w/Conti DW 285/35........25 offset......inspired by another member who ran the same wheel. So this will be another testament to the theory that 25 offset DOES work and I simply like the American Muscle look of a lip style/deep dish rear rim.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
man 18s look tiny lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because they are. With your badass 20x10.5s! Geez. But really they are. I like to do burnouts so 18s fit the pocket book better than the fender wells. I like them 20s though. Hopefully the drop will eat up enough fender gap to make it look better.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks good. I think your going to be angry when you lower it though. Im slammed to the ground with 10" wide wheels and a 51mm offset, and I barely clear the fenders with them rolled completely flat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is 72GTOGUY's on coilovers and 275s.......his look is the actual one I was going for.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That does look good. Hopefully your 285s won't rub.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
If you drop that, you're gonna drop it right onto your tire.

Are you planning on pulling the fender and cutting/rolling?

That is seriously sticking way out there.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Rub a dub dub, rather 18's this time.

You'll have to roll and pull the fenders to keep from rubbing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be rolling the fenders. But I have to make a Correction on my rear tire size. I have 285/35 and not 30s as I previously thought. I may run the 275/30s so that I can be aggressive with lowering. I read all the forums on coilovers and springs. What do you guys suggest on coilovers?

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
I will be rolling the fenders. But I have to make a Correction on my rear tire size. I have 285/35 and not 30s as I previously thought. I may run the 275/30s so that I can be aggressive with lowering. I read all the forums on coilovers and springs. What do you guys suggest on coilovers?
Make sure your overall diameter front to rear matches.

If you daily drive your car (high mileage), I don't suggest coilovers, I suggest gas charged struts/shocks with your choice of springs. I'm running Pedders bits, but a less expensive option are FE3 struts/shocks with your choice of springs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I commute 100 miles round trip to work 14 days a month. Speeds of 75-80 on a decent hwy. I had coilovers on my 32 coupe but the car was like 2400lbs so drove on the softest settings. Everything else ive had was either static dropped or hydros (that was in the 90s though).

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Yeah, the weight of this car makes most coilovers wear prematurely IMO.

Now, if money isn't a concern, Pedders Supercar Coilovers are pretty sweet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Just no good lighting for pics, been too overcast. doctored one with an app highlighting how gray the skies have been.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sick ride

1 - 15 of 15 Posts