Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just swapped out my Borlas for the Solo kit. They are absolutely incredible at WOT!!! Thanks T (Jackalope) for letting me "test" yours for the week...my neighbors aren't as appreciative tho...hahaha....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnoiHoKVXos

·
Registered
702 Posts
Dang. Yeah, I bet your neighbors love you. Long tubes and straight pipes to the axle backs?

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
The video DOES NOT do this car justice! It's like STUPID loud! When he borrowed my Solo's and left my house I could hear him like a mile away from my house just cruising. When he got onto 695 like 3 or 4 miles from my house I could hear him hammering down on it! In park, idling it shakes stuff on my walls in my house!

Glad you like them Travis!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yeah, after hearing some LT exhausts with Solo axlebacks I'm thinking this is the route I'm gonna go. I want the car loud.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kooks L/T headers, no cats, Kooks exhaust from headers into Solo axle backs. No mufflers anywhere!
thanks T! my bad, badgto, i thought my sig had all the details but for those wondering about the setup, it's LOUD when you want it but you can also keep it tame when you want too. The cold start is a beast but once it starts to idle it's a lot easier on the ears. The Solos are just downright RAW and I wish I would've gone that route sooner! Very happy with them!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I let my wife listed to the video of your car and she said it was TOO loud. But I had already purchased the Solo Axlebacks to go with my ARH full setup, meaning no mufflers here also soon enough. I've learned that it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you like them! You'll be able to keep em quite when you want to and bring the noise when you're ready!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Oh yeah, they definitely sound awesome. And you can keep it docile if you really want to. I've noticed that after just a few days of driving they've sorta broken in and aren't as loud.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Mine. OBX to Solo J pipes (modded with bullet mufflers welded in). Got them off of another G8. Yea. Loud. And NASTY at WOT! LOL!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just have the solo axlebacks and love them as well. The one thing that sucks you have to get a complete new exhaust if you ever decide to upgrade from the axlebacks to cat backs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts