Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Kooks to Solo” High Flow Cats from Solo Performance

Solo Performance is proud to offer another unique product to the G8 community.

Many of our current Solo Performance converter back customers have expressed the desire to have Kooks LT headers. There are two problems that a customer with a Solo Performance cat back exhaust faces when they want to upgrade to Kook’s LT headers.

• The Kook’s headers eliminate the stock catalytic converters.
  • The Kook’s headers do not line up to the Solo exhaust system (or the stock exhaust system) as the Kook’s headers have different end points.
Solo Performance “Kooks to Solo” High Flow Cats Specs:
  • 200 cell stainless steel spiral wound design. This design is long lasting, ultra-high flow, and completely stainless inside and out.
  • Converters are far overrated for the car, at 6.0L per side. That’s 12.0L of cleaning ability.
  • Includes a special design stainless steel 3/8” thick front flange.
  • All mandrel bent pipes, O2 bungs, and welds are stainless steel.
  • No CEL or engine lights.
  • Solo O2 extenders (supplied) are required in the rear O2 bungs.
  • Works with G8 Mach, Mach-Shorty, Mach-Balanced and Mach-Shorty-Balanced.
  • 100% BOLT ON! 100% STAINLESS- one small cut on each side and then use the supplied band clamps! No welding necessary!!!
Price: $459.00 including shipping to continental USA and most of Canada.

Note: Catless version is available for $215 including shipping to continental USA and most of Canada.

Introductory Sale: The first ten customers to purchase will receive 10% off.

Contact Information:

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance Sales and Customer Service
516-655-9002
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Can I trade in my old Solo cats? :)

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi GXPaycheck, actually you could. If you were to ship us your old Solo Cats we would cut the converter bodies out and use them to make the Solo Converters that mate the Kook's LT's to your Solo system. We would charge you the off-road price to do this. Of course new O2 extenders and band clamps, hardware etc. would be included in the shipment. We're always looking for ways to support the G8 community and with this question I think we just found another! Thanks for the support and the interest!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Is there a wait for shipping em out or do you have some ready to ship?

can you mark me down as a first 10 cause im definately ordering!!!

Going to call tomorrow during business hours!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Why are these cats so much cheaper than the straight replacements for stock exhaust?

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a wait for shipping em out or do you have some ready to ship?

can you mark me down as a first 10 cause im definately ordering!!!

Going to call tomorrow during business hours!
Give us a call and we will take care of you.

Why are these cats so much cheaper than the straight replacements for stock exhaust?
These cats do not need the necks and flanges associated with the stock replacement cats. There also was no need for the flex pipe. We use an inner braided flex pipe that is high grade and expensive, and we do not use them on this. There is also less time and labor used to make these.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
9 left at 10% off! Call today to get your order in. They are in stock and ready to ship:)

Steve
516-655-9002

·
QWIK
422 Posts
Ordered mine too... Thanks Steve!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anytime guys! Thanks so much for the support! 8 more left at 10% off. Call me anytime to place an order, up to midnight EST, 7 days a week.

Steve
516-655-9002

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Although I no longer have my g8 (man I miss that car) its nice to see that you guys are still going strong keeping up with all the mods for the g8 crowd.

Steve and all the solo guys were awesome to deal with and stand up guys with a great product. I'm sure I would have run a solo set up on the mustang if they had one.

Just thought I would chime and mention it was a pleasure to do run there exhaust and to deal with them. People who know me know I don't say that often.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Although I no longer have my g8 (man I miss that car) its nice to see that you guys are still going strong keeping up with all the mods for the g8 crowd.

Steve and all the solo guys were awesome to deal with and stand up guys with a great product. I'm sure I would have run a solo set up on the mustang if they had one.

Just thought I would chime and mention it was a pleasure to do run there exhaust and to deal with them. People who know me know I don't say that often.

Quoted for truth! :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm looking at buying Kooks Longtubes after my warranty has expired so I've also been holding off on getting a solo exhaust kit so I can purchase the headers, exhaust and solo's bolt on catted mid-pipe all at once for ease of installation so I dont have to modify the exhaust kit. Looks like I dont have to hold off any longer but was wondering what the performance comparisons are like between having these inserts vs. the catted mid pipe?

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There should not be any performance differences. It's essentially the same pieces, just connecting in a different position. With this setup, you do have to make one cut on each side. If you wait and get the catted midpipe assembly that we have had, everything bolts up at once with no cuts, but you do have to out everything in at the same time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Man, I was bugging you on the other thread and missed this one!!!! Is the catless version good for the 10% off too and have you reached the first 10 orders yet? If not I will give you a call tomorrow and order!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The cat less version is also good for 10% off, and we still have a few left at 10% off. Give me a call:)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just ordered mine today, thanks Steve:thumbsup: Now I just need to get some Kooks to go with them...lol.

·
QWIK
422 Posts
Just ordered mine today, thanks Steve:thumbsup: Now I just need to get some Kooks to go with them...lol.
Maryland Speed hooked me up on Friday with an awesome deal on Kooks LTs..

·
Registered
670 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts