Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Call up Brandon at Maryland speed, he can give you an "over the phone price" that is awesome.

And Sweet that the word is getting around that these SOLO-kooks connection pipes are the real deal. Awesome!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey All,
Thanks for the continued support. We have 6 left at 10% off, so call now to place your order and get the discounted pricing. Thanks and have a great day!!

Steve
516-655-9002

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Only 4 left at 10% off now...call now to place your order and get the discount. Thanks.

Steve
516-655-9002

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We have them in stock....we can make the catless one, but the 10% off has ended. They are $215 shipped for the catless version. Call me direct to order at 516-655-9002. Thanks:)

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
I can't wait, my Kooks Long Tube Headers and Solo Performance Hi-Flo Cats and Connector pipes go on today! I sure hope the weather is good this Sunday so I can go to the track and try them out! Thank you Solo Performance!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Our pleasure!! Welcome to the SOLO family! You are going to fall in love with your G8 all over again!!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Get your set of catted connection pipes for your Kooks LT headers...it's simply the best bolt on solution! Give us a call and join the SOLO family!!!!

Steve
516-655-9002

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is anyone getting these welded on? The reason I ask is because I figured the fit would be a slip fit where it connects to the catback, but it's not. The pipes just butt up against each other and then you use the clamps. Seems like a design that won't get a true seal.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
They were designed for the Kooks LT. I'm not sure if the OBX end in the same place. I'm sure it's pretty close, and any exhaust shop could adapt it to fit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
HAPPY NEW YEAR from all of us at SOLO Performance!

All kits are in stock and ready to ship. Shipping is FREE to the continental US and some parts of Canada.

Call today to get your SOLO Performance catback exhaust kit and/or high flow converters at 516-655-9002. I take calls until midnight EST, 7 days a week. Thanks so much and have a happy and healthy New Year!

Steve

·
Registered
351 Posts
How are your cats been holding up in supercharged applications. I've cooked (no pun intended) the Kooks cats just after 15,000 km. Emission testing will be around the corner for me so I need so form of emission compliant solution that will endure the heat of my exhaust.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ang,
It depends on the tuning…if your tune is spot on and the car is not running too rich, then you should be fine. The issues we have had were on cars that were running too rich. Unburnt fuel was making it into the cat body and increasing the heat tremendously. With poor tuning, there is no cat that would hold up. With proper tuning, they work perfectly. I have the same cats on my supercharged Challenger for 20k miles with no issues at all.

Steve

·
Registered
155 Posts
Right now i have a solo axle back. Then did a reso and mid muffler delete, replaced with an xpipe. Looking to get kooks LT headers but rly dont want to get rid of the xpipe. Im assuming i will have to buy a cat back once i put the headers on? being the the kooks dont line up to the stock pipes i still have on there running from the stock headers to the xpipe..?

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Unfortunately yes. The axle back does not mate up to the Kooks, and neither will the setup you have on there now. Many people sell the axle back, and use that money towards the catted setup that bolts up to the Kooks.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We have all kits in stock and ready to ship! Call today to place your order and become part of the SOLO family. You can reach me 7 days a week, until midnight EST at 516-655-9002. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you!

Steve

Note: This special order setup takes a few days to build and ship out. We build these to order. Please call direct to order these, as they are not on the website. Thanks:)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
15 Participants
GOINGSOLO2
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing