Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the anticipated wait, SOLO Performance is proud to bring you the V6 Axle-Back kit for the G8.

Kit Comparison to Stock:

V6 G8 Stock system:

• Stock system on rev... The stock system on the V6 G8 while revving sounds quiet and you can hear the motor. There is not much noise at all from the exhaust. The stock rev is not a good sound or a bad sound, just some motor noise.
  • Stock system while driving... When you are under load, you can hear the motor winding up and that’s all. Once cruising, it’s dead quiet and all you can hear is road noise.
Solo Performance V6 G8 Axle Back:

• Rev...A very deep base tone that is a smooth and full exhaust note.
  • Driving...While under load the V6 G8 exhaust note has a nice “bite”....deep and aggressive with a muscle car flavor. The exhaust note never gets out of hand. It always seems to be in control. No drone throughout the RPM spectrum, and it has a soft melodious hum at cruise speeds.
It is extremely difficult to get the V6 G8 to have enough exhaust note to be satisfying to the customer, and not to drone. We labored long and hard to find what we think is the perfect balance point of a great exhaust note and a very acceptable tone in the inherent “trouble” ranges of the V6 G8. If it were any louder, the trouble ranges would be unacceptable, and any softer and the exhaust note would not have enough “bite” to it.

This kit is direct bolt-on, and installation instructions will be included with your tracking email after purchase.

Forum Price: $499 SHIPPED

Kits will begin to ship in about 2 weeks, so get your order in now. You can reach me at the following places to order:

Steve Mariano
516-655-9002 (7 days a week until midnight EST)
[email protected]

Pictures:

Videos:

Start-Up and Rev
http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss343/goingsolo2/G8 V6/?action=view&current=20100326170543.flv

Interior Acceleration and Cruise
http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss343/goingsolo2/G8 V6/?action=view&current=20100326171127.flv

Launch
http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss343/goingsolo2/G8 V6/?action=view&current=20100326171912.flv

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does not look like we will be making a full cat-back for the V6. The axle-backs do a great job with the sound, and there is not much power to gain simply from a cat-back on the V6 that will sound as good as the axle-back does.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Looking on your website, the kit posted on the website does not appear to be the same kit shown here. I would just like to clarify what exactly is included with the kit. I am also wondering what the additional costs are for the optional 3.5" tips.

Do you have a shop in Mississauga as well, like listed as one of the mailing addresses, I wouldn't mind stopping by. Not too fond about buying things off the net, due to past experiences.

Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We do have a shop in Mississagua and you are welcome to come by. Installs are FREE!! The V6 axle-back is slightly different than the V8 one. The 3.5" tips can be done for no additional cost:)

Steve

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sounds great, are they made there or would they have to be ordered and shipped to the shop. I know you are based in NY, but do you happen to have a number and possibly hours of operation available for the Mississauga shop.

You may not make a cat-back system, but how much work would it be to simply replace the stock with new pipe from the cat to where the axle-back connects, as it's already rusting and I would like to avoid that.

Thanks again for all your help.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your orders everyone...please call me at 516-655-9002 with any questions.

Steve

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have our kits in stock and ready to ship. Give me a call anytime with questions or to place an order. You can reach me 7 days a week until midnight EST.

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002
[email protected]

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes sir...give me a call and we will take care of you:)

Steve
516-655-9002

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In stock and ready to ship:) Call me any time, 7 days a week until midnight EST.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts