Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to adapt some 3.5 inch dual staggerd tips to my stock mufflers. Has anyone ever done this? I do not think the solo tips will work because of the 12 inch total length. There is only 13 inches of length from the face of the muffler to where they should stick out from the diffuser. does anybody know of any other tips like this with a shorter length? I wonder if it would hurt to cut the stock piping off flush and to weld the larger diameter pipe to the face of the muffler over the hole where the stock piping was? I believe the outlet on a stock muffler is 2 1/4. It would be hard to neck down with only 1-2 inches of room to work with.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Bro, just buy the tips and take it to a muffler shop. Any decent shop can figure out what they need to do to fit them to your stock mufflers.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Bro, just buy the tips and take it to a muffler shop. Any decent shop can figure out what they need to do to fit them to your stock mufflers.
Yep and also most decent muffler ships will already have tips. Do some local research on exhaust shops and roll up there to talk with them. You might be surprised.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts