Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New TCM Tune released to general public.

Ok, the new trans tuning should be live. It will be in db revision 138 and higher.

We tried to smooth out the shifting for the lower gears make the car generally more street friendly. Beta's feel free to post your impressions if you don't mind.

As a reminder, these transmissions take a long term to re-learn after tuning, so it’ll take a lot of miles before the tuning will settle. Some cars will shift lighter and some more firm until it has learned the new parameters.

As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Scott

Give the Manumatic a couple weeks of driving to settle in.

Drive like you normally would. The car will learn your driving habits over a couple hundred miles.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
no update...just questions sorry.

I have the G8 tuned right now with the base 93 (or 91, can't remember which one I tried last) tune. I downloaded the Volant CAI tune but have not applied it yet as I am waiting for HID's to do both at the same time (i.e. while the airbox is out). If I connect and update will it affect the Volant tune that is already on the Cortex in any way? I just want the Volant tune to remain unchanged until I am ready for it. I've never put it back to stock and then had to tune again so I'm not sure. I am also going to have to put it back to stock soon for a dealer visit (before the mods) and want to make sure that when I get it back and go to tune it back with the Cortex that the Volant CAI tune is not the only option. I am assuming that it is maintaining two distinct tunes in the Cortex and either would be able to be selected, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
no update...just questions sorry.

I have the G8 tuned right now with the base 93 (or 91, can't remember which one I tried last) tune. I downloaded the Volant CAI tune but have not applied it yet as I am waiting for HID's to do both at the same time (i.e. while the airbox is out). If I connect and update will it affect the Volant tune that is already on the Cortex in any way? I just want the Volant tune to remain unchanged until I am ready for it. I've never put it back to stock and then had to tune again so I'm not sure. I am also going to have to put it back to stock soon for a dealer visit (before the mods) and want to make sure that when I get it back and go to tune it back with the Cortex that the Volant CAI tune is not the only option. I am assuming that it is maintaining two distinct tunes in the Cortex and either would be able to be selected, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks.
I updated my cortex yesterday. I had been using the Rotofab CAI tune and it was untouched through the update process. It's just a base TCM tune revision so the CAI tunes aren't affected.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I updated my cortex yesterday. I had been using the Rotofab CAI tune and it was untouched through the update process. It's just a base TCM tune revision so the CAI tunes aren't affected.
Got it. Thanks.

·
kevin13_87
4 Posts
I just updated and now my Cortex says "Tuner Error! Call Superchips! Use code # G-81... Anyone know what that is? Superchips isn't open after 5...CRAP!

·
2009.1 Liquid Red G8 GT
350 Posts
I got the same error after updating. Called into them about 4PM today and still awaiting a return call. Wondering if my VIM flash has something to do with it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts