Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My previous G8 was totaled in a rear end/front end accident back on Oct 8...wife and I are OK. G8 not so lucky. Anyways, insurance is giving me about $17k for replacement of which about $10k goes to paying off the previous lien.

Found another G8 V6 with 42k miles on it in the Sport Red color (previous was black), dealer is asking $15900...Edmunds pegs dealer retail at 15,560 while KBB has median price of 17,055, low end 15,300.

Going to see if I can get it at $14,800 but don't want to go higher than $15k...we'll see how this pans out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not gt? :)
GTs around here have more miles than I wish to purchase. My old G8 V6 had 65k on it and I don't want to purchase anything with higher mileage. No others locally and I don't want to deal with going out-of-state and the hassles and time associated with that.

But yeah, I thought about it! I'd be dead or arrested in a week if I did!

·
Registered
405 Posts
lol. they pop up from time to time. i got mine 3 years ago and searched for 6 months. Recently one popped up at keyser cadillac for $26k with only 19k miles...sold in a week. There is a guy locally selling a twin turbo gt for only $19k if you wanna get crazy, 90k miles.
oh btw, im also in buffalo

·
Registered
1,839 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input and encouragement

Thanks guys for the comments but I took a test drive in the V6 tonight and it just felt like my old V6 (duh!) You just know it's the right one...everything was tight and clean. The dealer is replacing the radio/HVAC and a couple of minor things that I noticed but I am going to go with this one. Sport metallic red, black leather interior. :driving:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks guys for the comments but I took a test drive in the V6 tonight and it just felt like my old V6 (duh!) You just know it's the right one...everything was tight and clean. The dealer is replacing the radio/HVAC and a couple of minor things that I noticed but I am going to go with this one. Sport metallic red, black leather interior. :driving:
If you want it. Then you got to get it! These cars sell like hot cakes.. One minute they are there and the other they are gone, especially if they are in decent enough condition and priced to sell. Sounds like you made off pretty well, especially considering the mileage and if you were able to talk down that price a bit. Happy Memories =)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I know V6 are pretty cheap now when I was looking in 2011 they were still pretty expensive. GT's were 3 or 4 grand more then.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Craigslist is the gold mine for good car deals.

I found my 48k mile GT on there for 17k and it came with good bolt on mods too. I had to look hard to find it though. Most with that mileage were asking over 20k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
ls1frc
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing