Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share pics of my new wheel/tire/brake setup. Wheels are Savini BM14s in gloss black. 20x8.5 +32 and 20x10 +45. Tires are Falken Azenis 245/35 and 275/30. I went with the CTS-V2 brembo setup w/ 6 pot fronts that you'll see referenced on the site a few times. Next step is to black out the chrome and probably tint the windows.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Yep they are
Can you describe the process or let me know who powdercoated them for you?

I'm specifically interested in the rubber piece on the crossover tube.

You're definitely right about the fender gap. What do you think the optimal sizes would have been? 285 rears?
You need to lower the vehicle.

·
Fuel Low
505 Posts
Looks great. Makes my 1st Gen CTS-V brakes look puny.

Lowering would help with the gap, but it doesn't look terrible to me. I'm sure the steering is more responsive with the low profiles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you describe the process or let me know who powdercoated them for you?

I'm specifically interested in the rubber piece on the crossover tube.

You need to lower the vehicle.
I had a local shop do it. Are you in the Pittsburgh area? Also, you are definitely right about lowering it.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I had a local shop do it. Are you in the Pittsburgh area? Also, you are definitely right about lowering it.
Thanks. Do you have their contact information? Price? Anymore pics of the calipers?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great. Makes my 1st Gen CTS-V brakes look puny.

Lowering would help with the gap, but it doesn't look terrible to me. I'm sure the steering is more responsive with the low profiles.
Well these are definitely overkill and mostly for looks on the front so I'm sure yours work just fine. The fender gap was one of the first things I noticed so I'm about 99% sure I'll be lowering it at some point.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'm trying to avoid paint for various reasons. Also, the bleeder screw and cap were painted.
I caught that after the first one.

I'm somewhat disappointed that I did that. I may go back and try to remove the paint from them. Since I wasn't changing color, this made the most sense from a cost/benefit standpoint. If you want a completely different color and/or don't mind throwing $500+ at them, disassembly and powder coating is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I caught that after the first one.
View attachment 180925
I'm somewhat disappointed that I did that. I may go back and try to remove the paint from them. Since I wasn't changing color, this made the most sense from a cost/benefit standpoint. If you want a completely different color and/or don't mind throwing $500+ at them, disassembly and powder coating is the way to go.
And the silver paint kind of matches the bleeder's color. And the dust cap and easily be replaced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts