Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well installed my 1c cam dod delete kit along with some pacesetter lts, started my swap on weds and finished Saturday morning. I had a custom tuned flashed to the car that Livernois had but it was for a stage 1, the car ran really well had a couple issues with idle and rpms hanging.

I dropped the car off at livernois a couple days ago and my buddy that works there texted me this morning first number was 408 but cars was on the lean side so they added some fuel, were having issues with the a/f ratio sticking but all runs were over 400.
Final numbers are edit= 404/395 he said it was heat soaked pretty good.

Needless to say I'm pumped about the numbers, I will have the graph tomorrow after I pick the car up, along with tons of pics/video I took during the install.

:driving:

·
Registered
49 Posts
awesome... I am jealous! Wish I was closer to Livernois to get a tune...

·
Registered
49 Posts
lucky... So your saying I can crash at your crib... jk...

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey jesse im in sterling heights up by troy, do you do cam installs for people
Yes I do, I also get a pretty good deal on DoD delete parts. Also depending what kinda cam your looking at I can help you out with tuning.

Pm some details on what your looking for.

Thanks
Jesse

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
775 Posts
Your curve looks very similar to mine . I have the same cam, just with boost
Here's my graph

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice numbers, eventually I plan on adding boost which is the main reason I went with this cam. Pretty impressive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm happy with it thus far, just with this blower it needs way more grunt down low.
This cam was designed for a Maggie.

·
Registered
933 Posts
How does the mail order tune work? I have to take out my comp and send it to them?
They mail you the flashing software and cable to hook from USB on your laptop to the ODB port on the car. You scan and read the ECM/TCM tunes, then email them to Livernois. A short time later (day or so) they email the altered tunes to you which you flash with the software.

The nice thing about this is you can keep a list of tunes. Long trip? flash the 87 octane/DOD on tune. Weekend power? Flash the 93 octane/DOD off tune with different shift points. Dealer trip? Flash back to stock.

Tune updates are free 'within reason' I believe, but they have decent prices on parts and are a local Michigan business so I like supporting them vs. ordering from out of state online.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.