Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here from eastern PA. Found this Stryker Blue G8 at auction and decided to give it another chance at life.

Unfortunately it’s a V6 but I have an engine swap in mind already, just waiting for the right donor car to pop up.

As far as the rebuild process, found a used hood, installed it and pretty much everything lined up. GXP bumper also showed up this week. I will be painting the parts tomorrow. Car should be together in a few days.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the board and be sure to post pictures of the car when it's ready to get back on the road.
Thank you! I will post more pictures next week when its finished.

Welcome! Very hard color to find. Where in eastern PA? I remember seeing a V6 stryker at Motor World in Wilkes-Barre back when I was trying to track my GT down in 2009. Wonder if that could have been it...
I'm near West Chester, PA. I doubt this was the car, as I found it in Ohio. The color is pretty much what put me over the top and made me buy it. It is an expensive color to paint tho, bought a pint of paint for $ 207 today.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from Michigan!
Thank you!

Awesome! Welcome aboard from WNY.

Did you find scoops yet? I'm to understand they are expensive. Like 500 for a pair. Nice that you know how to paint cars. Definitely saves you money there.
Yes, knowing how to paint has come in useful over the years. I do not do it for a living. See below for scoops. I did not know they were that expensive.

The first picture with the car on the u-haul trailer has a picture of the hood scoops intact on the original hood. One would presume they will be transferred to the new, salvaged hood once the painting process is completed.
Bingo!

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just checked tracking on my next shipment, GXP wheels getting delivered on tuesday. Next on the list is some 6 pot brembos, can't decide on color. Thinking yellow may go nicely with the blue.

Is there a different section of this forum that I should start a build thread in or just continue documenting in this one?

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Did you have to plastiweld any cracked stuff in the front? That would save big $$. Nice to see a great colour like that get back on to the road. Next to Ignition Orange it is my fave.
No plastic welding at all. Only parts I needed to replace were the hood and bumper. I lucked out and found a used hood not far away, and just took the opportunity to upgrade to a gxp front bumper. Unfortunately there was no saving money when it came to the gxp bumper lol...

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Late welcome from Charlotte. I love that color, really. While the Pacific Slate is nice, I was bummed that I couldn't get one in Stryker Blue.. I bought the Demo Car to get a deal. :D
Thanks! Honestly the color is what put me over the top and help me decide to buy it. I just wish it was a GT or GXP but that will be solved in short order, just waiting for the right donor car to pop up at auction.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Holden airbag anyone?

I thought about getting rid of the Pontiac badging so I ordered this from Australia, but I don’t think I’m going to use it. It’s a complete airbag, not just a cover. Plug and play.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Man, that car came together fast! Looking really good...can't wait to see the brembos.
Thanks!

I have yellow 6 pots coming, not sure about the color but was sure I did not want silver, may end up painting them stryker blue.

She looks fantastic, thanks putting her back on the road.
Thanks.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Quick update. Rotors showed up, along with PPV struts, and stainless brake lines. Still waiting on Tein springs and Whiteline mounts, both scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Gave the car a quick wash the other day, will be doing a full paint correction this winter sometime.

I’m actually surprised on the cars handling characteristics in base model form. Can’t wait to see what the final result is after everything.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks guys.

Finally got the tune figured out, I had the car running but it just didn’t want to idle and was running lean. Found a good sized leak in the intake manifold with the smoke machine. After replacing the manifold, all is well.

Rear cradle has been sandblasted and painted, just waiting on some suspension pieces so that I can button it up.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Fellow West Chester G8 owner here. Have you had it out on 202 at all in the past few months? I saw a blue G8 a little while back. Awesome job on the LS swap! I'm running the corsa cat-backs as well and i absolutely love the sound. It's loud when you want and quiet when you don't.

Thanks

I’ve had it out on 202, but that’s quite a while back. I haven’t driven it yet this year. It’s been sitting on the lift since the beginning of March. lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.