Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
What鈥檚 up yall? New to the forum. Hope to discuss and learn new things as I go. This time, this one isn鈥檛 my gf鈥檚, so I can mod it! 馃槂

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum.

Premium Member
Welcome!
Post pics!
Pics of the car too 馃榿

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Good that it鈥檚 all yours. Let us know what your goals are with your mods. There are enough members that have done it all. Big and small mods, we can also suggest what does and doesn鈥檛 work.

Premium Member
What are some of the future modification plans?

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here.

Registered
2009 GT, Black, All factory at this time.
Like Clarksunx, I just picked up a 2009 Black GT with 122K miles about six weeks ago. Before I start mod'ing, I thought I would take it to a local hot rod shop and ask if they will run some basic engine and transmission checks before I start dumping money in. GT seems to be running strong but, they'll do a compression test and a leak test for the heads. $300 for this. Next I want to get the transmission eye ball'd if you will.

This a good plan to start?

Premium Member
Welcome Oldpoop55 to the forum as well.

Registered
2009 GT, Black, All factory at this time.
Don't mean to steal Clarksunx's thunder here but, what would be first mod steps you all would recommend?

Cold Air Intake? Exhaust system replaced? Headers? A tune? I've seen many of these bantered around on the Forum.

What does a tune entail on a stock GT?

I'll get a picture up shortly.

Thanks.

Premium Member
Don't mean to steal Clarksunx's thunder here...
To create a different thread, click on newbie/introduction forum. Select start discussion. Enter title. Enter message. Select post thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts