Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got mine! It came from TN a couple weeks ago. Left lower bumper/grill insert was missing on arrival :( but I made the shipper pay for a new one. Hope to meet some of you guys and gals in the near future.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Sweet, welcome!

Forgot to mention I have a white hot G8 GT and love it!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Great, my GXP came from Tennessee as well. I drove mine back to Colorado in 2010.
I got to drive it at low elevation first, 6500ft sure drops the HP.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Welcome to the forum....howdy from Castle Rock

·
Registered
466 Posts
welcome to the forum from C. Springs!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys. Any of you going to Super Chevy @ Bandimere today? I'll be there with my Blue LS powered 65 Chevelle SS.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. Any of you going to Super Chevy @ Bandimere today? I'll be there with my Blue LS powered 65 Chevelle SS.
I'm not in CO, but would love to see some pics of that Chevelle/LS swap.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Welcome!

Need pics!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Link to Pics of the White Hot G8 GT

Here she is fresh off the transport truck from Tennesse.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4000802
There was a wasp nest in the void between the trunk lid and the weather stripping. Front bumper cover is a little rough from rattle can touch ups. Looking to swap someone with 6cyl tail lights,add the shark fin antenna,some GXP mufflers,tune up with Delco plugs,change to oil to Mobile 1,get some spark plug wires with less resistance and remove that hideous plastic snow disc of an engine cover to expose the beauty of the V8 engine. Not in that order.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I didn't go...but i know a forum member or two from here were planning on going, and running t here G8s.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...oh yea I forgot I installed a pair of GXP mufflers too. Next up I ordered a shark fin antenna through our group buy,(thanks guys),changing the oe spark plug wires to some Taylor Thundervolt 8.2MM wires in red,and will soon answer my own question if you can use a Rotofab radiator cover with a Spectre Cold Air Intake.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These cars mod so easily and so well. Here is an update added iPod integration to the factory radio unit.Thanks speedisking! Added a Shark Fin Antenna. Thanks Visual Garage! Removed the intake manifold sound deadner/top cover or like I like to call it the "heat soak retainer". Modified the Spectre Cold Air intake to clear the Rotofab radiator cover. YES it can be done!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4000802/2008-Pontiac-G8

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately,it looks like I might have to put the G8 up for sale,just as I was really starting to enjoy her! Just too many cars at the house and my truck becomes a little more practical as winter sets in. Don't have to sell her but it's probably the right thing to do. Asking $19,500 firm,has 85000 miles with GM powertrain warranty to 100k or May of 2013. PM me if you or someone you know is looking for a White Hot GT.

·
1FASTG8GT
750 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, sad to see she might be up for sale again. Best of luck with the sale.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts