Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Newly GXP owner - WTB your factory axle backs (FOUND)

Just bought a GXP (PBM A6 Roof) and the original owners had some Flowmasters welded in... I'd like to return to stock. Seems the going rate for factory GXP axle backs with reasonable mileage is $450. I'll pay $500 (reasonable mileage). Anyone interested in selling? Thx -AJ (Seattle) ...Hoping I'm not busting any etiquette rules posting this here. ...New here, so you'll see no posts history, but FWIW I have been an active eBay'r for a lot of years under the same handle, so perhaps my profile and positive track record there will help. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
First , a little jealous lol. Congrats on your purchase and hope she treats you well. Although I may not be able to help you myself on your exhaust quest , this forum is helpful and you might luck out with someone who would swap your aftermarkets for their stock or something. There is a for sale section if you hadnt seen it yet. Might find someone selling their stocks there . Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the quick reply. I should have admitted that I've been lurking for awhile here. ...I don't see any factory GXP AB's on the for sale section right now. Though I have no shame if someone points out that there are still some active... Thanks again. -AJ

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Damn phantom of the opera ing us and sh*t. Just hanging in the shadows on us ,waiting for that day to place your first post and bless us with your presence j/k . Cool ,and then you know whee things are lol . I'm sure they'll show up eventually . Safe driving.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have GXP axlebacks I am willing to sell. $300 plus shipping from FL. I got rid of my GT recently and put the factory ones back on, so I have these hanging around. About 15k miles on them. Look good.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
I have factory axle backs I will sell, but I need to get something to replace them with first, they'll have less than 30k miles on them when I do though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll TTT with a car joke for y'all. (Any help here on these AB's?)
~
A man in a G8 passed a MINI that had broken down by the side of the road. Being a kindly driver, he stopped and fixed a tow-rope to it and began towing it to the nearest garage.
After 10 minutes of towing, a Charger passed them at high speed. The G8 driver was not going to be outdone by a Charger, so, forgetting that he had a MINI in tow, slammed his foot down and the G8 and Charger indulged in a high-speed race down the road, the MINI and it's occupant trailing wildly about at the end of the rope frantically trying to attract their attention and failing.
A Police car saw them and gave chase. The Police driver radioed back to Headquarters "Sarge, you'll never believe this, I've just seen a Charger and a G8 neck and neck doing 120 mph - and a bloke in a MINI flashing his lights, blowing his horn and trying to overtake them!"

·
Infantry Sniper
857 Posts
If you have not already made a deal for axle backs, I have them with 15k miles and live in Idaho.

I love the stock quiet so I know why you don't want the flows on it anymore, but I also love the power sound. Good thing I get the best of both worlds at the press of a button.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the msg. Can you quote shipping or should I check into making arrangement for pickup? PM sent your way also. Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts