Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum but looking for a little guidance.... I have a 08 gt and have the superchips vivid linq installed but want to get more power out of the car its very quick as it is but really just want some opinions on where to go next exhaust or intake?? Im looking to eventually get around 400 to the ground wich i understand isnt to hard but what will benifit me most at this time... And keep in mind this is the wifes dd so drone isnt an option she hates my gp lol

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
No way you are going to put 400 to the ground with just a Superchips tune and a CAI or exhaust. You are going to have to rip into the engine or look into FI options.

I have a VMS tune, Mid Length Headers w HFCs, XPipe, and Solo ABs and dyno'd 351 to the wheels, Long Tubes will get you another 10 hp.

It's been well documented here and I can attest for myself that a Superchips 93 Rotofab (or other support CAIs) tune is a great improvement over stock. Pulls strong and you get the awesome sound of the CAI sucking in deep.

I would go with Superchips + CAI over Superchips + Exhaust given your inquiry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot agose your the first person to reply back to any of my post.... And im sorry i said the ground i meant crank i dont want any thing to radical bcuz she drives it more then i do but i want some power when i drive it is already a very fun car to drive but i feel like i got use to it quick probably because of how well the car handles input but none the less still an awesome car and thanks again for the guidance. What do u think rotofab or vararam?

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
^ Lot's of threads to search through on here. I chose the RotoFab given its proven performance and quality in build. They are all good. You just need to figure your budget out and do some more research.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have 400 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. See my signature for the mods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts