Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you base guys looking to swap to GT tails?

I am looking to swap into some base tails... Mine are nightshaded but can certainly remove the nightshades prior to shipping if desired.

Anyone want to trade?.. Let me know...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
How can it be removed without damaging the tail lights?

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
It can be sanded off using 1200-1500 grit but would also need to be polished. It isnt easy to get them look new again though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It can be sanded off using 1200-1500 grit but would also need to be polished. It isnt easy to get them look new again though.
Actually for the record its VERY easy to get the new look.

Carb cleaner and the nighshades melts away... then for good measure can go 1000-1500-2000 and buff. Trust me

Ill post pics in a bit guys.. Like I say I can always "de-nightshade" if they are more popular as stockers

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
Actually for the record its VERY easy to get the new look.

Carb cleaner and the nighshades melts away... then for good measure can go 1000-1500-2000 and buff. Trust me

Ill post pics in a bit guys.. Like I say I can always "de-nightshade" if they are more popular as stockers
I had not heard on using carb cleaner but I can see how that would work.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Even goo gone will take some of the tint sprays off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
What if they had clear coat over the tint spray? Nightshades doesn't really stand up to the test of time without a clear coat to protect it.

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
well it much easier to take off and look good cuz they are the base tails so not all imperfections will be visible like the clear ones.

so u wanna trade but u dont fill out ur location like come on ppl we're not psychic

but ur prolly to far away for me, i have a set of gt dark tinted tails

·
Registered
444 Posts
Goo Gone over Carb Cleaner, if you spray excessive amounts of it on Plastic Carb Cleaner will melt it since its the same stuff basically as Brake Cleaner.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Moved, WTT threads dont belong in this section of the forum. The for sale section or your regional section is preferred.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts