Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Very nice, I love those cars. Both cars are absolute beasts. Great runs!

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Ohh lol I read that, didn't realize it was from him lol.

·
Registered
460 Posts
great runs! Dang , a cam and 100 shot and we still cant beat almost stock boss's?!?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
great runs! Dang , a cam and 100 shot and we still cant beat almost stock boss's?!?
Not making excuses for anyone or getting too deep into bench racing but remember that boss has bolt ons and weight reduction, hard to compete with a car with almost 600 +/- less lbs. The boss has about 320 or more lbs taken out...I took out about that much in my evo and its a night and day difference.

·
Registered
460 Posts
didnt notice it said bolt ons in video, but still, that was quite a beat down....Like everyone says, dyno charts dont mean anything because on paper it should have been ALOT closer unless the mustang has a hell of a weight reduction. stock curb is like 3600lbs for the mustang, accordking to the video hes pushing 60 less hp. He walks away from him pretty darn easily is all im saying.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to the owner the Boss weighs 3200 lbs without driver.

The dyno charts make perfect sense (both Dynojet #'s). His curve is awesome, holding power to like 7,800 rpm. His car is also geared much better.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Wow 400lbs weight reduction or so. What the hell did he take out!?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
3240 lbs was actually what he listed. He did a ton of lighter parts. I think he dropped like 100 lbs just on wheels/tires.

·
om nom nom nom
433 Posts
Not making excuses for anyone or getting too deep into bench racing but remember that boss has bolt ons and weight reduction, hard to compete with a car with almost 600 +/- less lbs. The boss has about 320 or more lbs taken out...I took out about that much in my evo and its a night and day difference.
First of OP nice runs, you did what you could.

2stepsAhead is completely right, our weight is our downfall, if this car weighed 3700lbs or around there it would be a different story

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! I'm ok with our cars weighing what they do, being full size 4-doors. Hell, they are lighter than Challengers, lol.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Good race Redz. I'm not suprised on the outcome. He better win weighing that little.

I'd be stoked stayin in like that with our wheeled boats. Good stuff.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts