Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Arrival
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to finishing my kit. Mainly the electronics, and I start my car up and the electronic stability control program automatically disabled itself and won't re-enable. I m just assuming splicing into the throttle positioning sensor did this.

Anyone else ever get this issue? Tips, tricks, solutions, and input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What kit did you use. I know the zex kit I have came with a resistor to go inline. Even says if not installed it will cause light.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
And what wire. I have the zex G8 kit and it works fine.

·
Arrival
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put the resistor wire inline. Still popped the message. Zex kit is in use.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
That would be my next suggestion. I have the exact same kit you are using and never had an issue. Did you go through all the programming steps correctly?

·
Arrival
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I programmed it twice, because the first time the solenoid was clicking just before WOT. I keep disconnecting the battery for long periods of time. Maybe overnight will help it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Usually you just disconnect and hit the brakes for a second or two until the car goes completely dead, if not did you check to make sure all your harness are plugged in correctly? Did you take anything else off like the tb? Access to a code scanner? I've had my car throw a contact dealer message so I cleared it and it never came back so I chalked it up to a fluke experience... All that being said we had issues with my zex kit so we wound up replacing the box with two n2o outlet solenoids.

·
Arrival
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well apparently leaving the battery cable disconnected overnight resolved the issue. Thanks for the input, gentlemen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts