Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I had a little mishap at a local car wash and it destroyed both driver side rims and cut the side wall on the front tire. (The rims are structurally ok, they just got ripped up and I cant stand it!) Long story short: I ordered the Nitto NT05s for all four corners and two new rims for the driver side. My buddy at Discount Tire "took care of me" and got me some good prices. Im excited to see how the NT05s help out with the "traction issue."

·
Registered
737 Posts
isnt the tread life lower than other radials?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^yep!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I want more details on the mishap :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
A drive thru car wash?? ARGH!! That sucks. Did you ever get that 2c cam installed?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A drive thru car wash?? ARGH!! That sucks. Did you ever get that 2c cam installed?
Yep, one of those "touchless" washes. When I went in, all was good. When I came out, rims were shot. The rear rim had 11 one inch gashes on it. Front rim had a few along with a slit in the side wall. No clue how it happened......but I'm certain it happened there. I never use those things either but I just wanred a quick wash to blow the dust off.

Still waiting on the cam.....waiting for the Livernois spring rush to die down.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sorry about the mishap, at least you got some new tires coming now. I just went through a set of NT05's, took 5 track days and 5k miles. The grip was awesome, especially when warm, not so much at the end when they were cold in 50 degree temps. Lots of fun and cheaper than other tires with similar performance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
"Still waiting on the cam.....waiting for the Livernois spring rush to die down.
Me too. Sounds like the "rush" is year around. Waiting for the A/C tensioner from Oz. I think you're a bit ahead of me on the list...hurry up!!:wink2:

·
Registered
226 Posts
the one and only time i used one of those i came out missing a side mirror.

They reimbursed me....in $1 bills

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
ouch!!!! That sucks!!!!!! Good luck with the NT05's..... should work out good!! I was debating and decided to do the 555r's for the street.... too many darn tire choices!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts