Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tire pressure do you run with these tires, not the drag radials. I'm running 275/35/19's and still do not hook. I'm hoping it's because it's still around 60 degrees out!? I've got them at 35psi & they do hook better than the 40psi that the tire shop sent me home with. Debating dropping down to 30? Anybody have any experience with these?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I am not sure about the NT05, but I've found a good spot to be around 32/33 psi cold for my tires. Once heated up, they are in the 34/35 range, and seem to kook pretty good.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
35 cold works much better than 40. I'll only spin a little from a dig rolling into the throttle.

·
Grand Prix Guy
272 Posts
I'm about 35 cold all around on NT05's as well. I don't really have issues hooking. Was pulling 1.87s at the track with stock stall bolt on only car.
Tate

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
928 Posts
Im at 35lbs on all four corners too. Considering its still a "street tire", I think they hook pretty well. Do they hook like a DR? No, but Im impressed with them. They hook much better than my old Contis.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the regular nt05 and I run 275/35/20 and I found 30 is about perfect and no more than 32. In fact to me it seems 32 is riding in the middle a little to much but I still spin a little. The nt05 seems to be the stickiest I can find in a 20 in that size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.