Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I love it on my GTP, but it seems as though GM doesn't offer it on as many vehicles as it used to and I doubt Holden has it as an option on the Commodore. So I think we're SOL on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That was kind of a Hughes Electronics thing, I believe and since GM dumped HE to Newscorp (Rupert Murdock) just a few years ago, all that fighter pilot stuff is gone. It was cool!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
HUDs are awesome, I wished they put it in every car, such a great safety feature

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
That was kind of a Hughes Electronics thing, I believe and since GM dumped HE to Newscorp (Rupert Murdock) just a few years ago, all that fighter pilot stuff is gone. It was cool!!
They did! But that has little to no bearing on business agreements as a supplier.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I definitely would like to see the HUD. On the Vettes and GP GXP, the NAV is integrated with the HUD. It is really handy when you are facing multiple exits in a strange city.

Chip

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ehh, not a huge loss IMO. I was never big on HUD's.

·
Transient
16 Posts
The HUD is very nice for night driving..... love it on the GTP.

Well, maybe the G8 info center will display digital MPH and the odometer reading at the same time. (What a concept!) :mullet:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had it on my 03 Z06, it was a novelty at first, but after looking at the speedo/odo for so many years, I found the Hud annoying. I don't really see the benefit to it, yes it keeps your eyes on the road, and not on the guages, but just another gadget for me,,, Very cool for Top End runz.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Holden was not planning for HUD originally in the program (they've never had it). When the US asked for it we were met with long faces (don't look for it anytime soon).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts