Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after waiting 2 months like many others I finally talked to sales manager at DT. There is no E.T.A. on new G8 headers due to decline in demand and basically no future plans to make any. I wonder is the SS headers will fit if made. Last few sets were sold on LS1tech in the last few weeks. Well back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I figured they were done with us. I also tried to order a set and became impatient. Its a shame, the try-y design looked great for low end torque and showed great results for the money.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the last few sets they sold on LS1 tech went for like $525 straight from DT. Wish I would have known that earlier. Whole thread about G8 headers for sale, only forum I am not a member of .lol

The last set of $500 Shipped JBA's also sold on Ebay this week.

Maybe its time for a Mustang

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah, I think I ordered what was the last set directly from DT a few days ago via contacting them through LS1Tech. They told me it was the last one and they didn't plan on making anymore but would be open to doing another batch if there was significant demand. I think they said they would need a run of at least 20-30 units for this to be possible.

·
Nice Weather, Please?
775 Posts
I had no idea this was going on. I have these headers, it seems nobody knows what "doug thorley" is when I tell them what brand I have. Perhaps they should advertise a little more and they could probably sell more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I better get some headers soon!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I figured this was bound to happen at some point. Our cars are coming up on 5 model years old and no more being produced. With the low production numbers (compared to most other models), things will only get more scarce for G8 specific parts. I'm sure that Kooks, ARH, and OBX headers will be around for a while though, as will many of the axle backs (spintechs are made to order supposedly, for example). But aside from a cam or motor work here or there, just about all the G8 GTs that were going to be modded to stupid fast, have been modded to that point for the most part. Many owners have moved on to V's or 5.0's or similar.

It's not the end of the world though, there are still some high end products and even some affordable lower end products (OBX) available.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Maybe it will pick back up with the introduction of the Chevy SS?
Doubt it. Isn't the new SS on a newer platform/chassis design? I doubt anything aside from standard motor mods (cam/heads, etc) will fit.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
From the looks of the body, it's almost identical to the G8 minus the easy things to change. ie.. front/rear treatments. The doors/roofline/glass etc.. all seem the same.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah, I just looked it up, it's on a Zeta platform that the G8 shared. Maybe some things will fit/transfer over.

·
every village has one
2,364 Posts
I figured this was bound to happen at some point. Our cars are coming up on 5 model years old and no more being produced. With the low production numbers (compared to most other models), things will only get more scarce for G8 specific parts. I'm sure that Kooks, ARH, and OBX headers will be around for a while though, as will many of the axle backs (spintechs are made to order supposedly, for example). But aside from a cam or motor work here or there, just about all the G8 GTs that were going to be modded to stupid fast, have been modded to that point for the most part. Many owners have moved on to V's or 5.0's or similar.

It's not the end of the world though, there are still some high end products and even some affordable lower end products (OBX) available.

Interesting observation, and not without some truth to it. Add into the equation the normal rate of attrition, accidents and accumulation of miles, etc.

Point is, though, the G8 is alive and well. It isn't experiencing anything that
any other car in its position hasn't undergone.

It has a successor. True, not a Pontiac, but we made enough of a mark that void left in such a short production run is being filled. Take it as a compliment. We're going to have company, and the stuff is going to be out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts