Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see my base doesn't have a liner on the inside of the trunk lid like much cheaper cars do. Is that how they came? Looks a bit crude in this price class. Can one from a Caprice be installed?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
My Base doesn't have a trunk lid liner either.
I don't think any model came with one just the liners on the walls of the trunk.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Hmm....would appear my best guess was sorta off....
Give it a go, looks like a match.
Are you doing it to insulate, help with road noise, stereo sound or looks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think they were standard on the GT and GXP but not even offered on the base. I got one for my base 4 or 5 years ago, both for muffling sound and for looks. Nor were we offered an LSD (Limited Slip Differential), something else I added. The pins to attach them are expensive if you get them from GM, but generic aren't so bad from a normal parts store.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I see my base doesn't have a liner on the inside of the trunk lid like much cheaper cars do. Is that how they came? Looks a bit crude in this price class. Can one from a Caprice be installed?
Pretty sure it's a discontinued part (for G8) - no GMNA inventory. Perhaps the part is still available in AU, but shipping is the issue for such a bulky part--the better option will be to find one from a dismantler GT trunk lid. Check with Karo at Holden Parts USA if a new one is desired - not listed in his inventory, but if it's available in AU, it can be brought to the US.

The Caprice trunk lid isn't exactly the same, as far as hole alignment, and the US version (PPV) did not have a trunk lid trim carpet - I used the G8 part, with a few modifications. https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=210

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I can certainly see why you want to do this.
Its a little thing but really finish's off the trunk.
Guess I should have been looking in other owners trunks at meets....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts