Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2008 G8 with ~111K miles on it. For the last year or so, I have been hearing a groaning sound when I turn. This is especially noticeable at a slower pace.

Do you think this could be related to the steering column or power steering fluid? It seems to come and go, and has been especially noisy this Summer.

Has anyone had similar happen?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2008 G8 with ~111K miles on it. For the last year or so, I have been hearing a groaning sound when I turn. This is especially noticeable at a slower pace.

Do you think this could be related to the steering column or power steering fluid? It seems to come and go, and has been especially noisy this Summer.

Has anyone had similar happen?
Possibly a bad front wheel hub bearing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Can you feel it thru the steering wheel ? If so it might be a bad trans or motor mount allowing the exhaust manifold to touch the steering colume

·
Registered
85 Posts
If it's a creaking type sound, it's either strut mounts or bushings.

·
The Mustang dude
1,323 Posts
If it's a creaking type sound, it's either strut mounts or bushings.
My box from BMR just showed up today, so I'll know for sure pretty soon when I swap out my OEMs for this set of SuperPro Elastomer Strut mounts and hopefully a set of Bilstein C/Os.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
5litrarag
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing