Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so about a week ago I started hearing noises. Drivers side front wheel when turning slow it makes a noise like something needs lubricant. Only when turning the wheel left tho.. In all honesty it almost sounds like chewbacca from Star Wars ha. Then as I'm driving slow I hear a rattling clinking noise. As far as I can tell I only hear that rattle when going slow. Any ideas before I spent countless money to figure it out. Thanks!!!. 41k miles btw.. I've done some research suggesting control arms, tie rods and even the sway bar.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
how old are your brakes? calipers are good and not seizing? did you get the lca fixed under the recall/warranty?

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Bad wheel bearing plus LCA? The LCA will rattle / jingle when they are not too bad yet. Or a tire rub plus LCA? See the sticky in the suspension section about checking out your suspension.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys.. brakes as far as I know haven't been changed at all. Haven't had any issues with steering wheel shaking while braking or brake squealing. Was going to swap that out while working to find the suspension issue. Never had the LCA fixed as far I know, only had the car for 3 years I'm not the first owner. Now funny today I didn't hear the tire noise but still heard the rattling at extremely low speeds. How do I look further into this recall on the LCA? Also I had a friend turn the wheel while I watched the tire (not lifted off the ground) and i want to say the tire was making sort of a studder movement were as the other side with no noise would just move back and forth with a fluid motion. If that makes any sense lol hard to describe.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
oh wow it's making noise just sitting there? I'm going to vote for ps pump or pulley. they do have a history of going bad, but typically lead to a chirp at the pump. Check your LCA's before it's too late anyhow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts