Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I know we all have busy lives and may not live that close to each other but meeting up to head to shows should happen a little more often. Just went to a MassTuning meet last night in Boston and besides the obvious d-bags that make things annoying and the heavy build up of fumes from hundreds of catless exhausts it was a good time. I noticed a lack of american performance automobiles. I feel like having more mature people + a more diverse group of vehicles would only help relations with other car aficionados. We all know how douche-y and socially awkward these groups can be so adding some more variety we can possibly outweigh the lack of respect given to our type of vehicles. If anyone here is ever interested in meeting up or going to some shows 2014 I will try to post times and locations well in advance. Thanks and Happy New Year to you all!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I would love to meet up with other g8 owners and I'm in quincy so any info would be great . Oh and no d bag here lol
Hell yea! We needa keep rounding ppl up for any shows! I'm not that far either I'm in malden. if you are on facebook check out the masstuning group page. you will see what i mean. good amount of responsible respectable ppl n then there are the civic guys.....jk i respect those who deserve and give respect. real recognize real!

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Buffalo n.y. here. Gonna try for a chicken wing meet up here in my town sometime this summer open to anyone wanting to make the trip. Might be a drive for you Massachusetts guys but felt I'd toss an invite anyways. I've been to a few g8 meet ups and haven't met anyone I wouldn't hang with again. All are cool guys .

Safe driving and happy new year.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep us updated. That's a bit of a hike but who knows. I might be able to swing it for some wings at a renowned establishment. Tryina think what would the Boston equivalent of a buffalo wing meet.... Chowder or lobster rolls? Could get something going with that theme.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I know it's a drive and if possible then cool. Will see how things are looking come late spring. If it's looking like it's going to happen I'll post a thread for an open invite for anyone who wants to come.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Happy new years !

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Meets

DSCN0709.jpg Hey there madm80mad havent seen you since the g8 meet in New Haven. Hope all is well with you and your family. Im up for more meets most def. keep me posted send me a pm with more info we can interchange e-mails. As for Pony killer i was born in Buffalo NY. Earie county. Would love to see a bunch of our cars up in Niagara Falls, would make for an awesome picture. Was actually talking to the wife about a trip to the North.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I went to the Mass Tuning Meet at New England Dragway back in October...

Met some pretty decent guys up there, not everyone was a DB... Hell I've met DB's that drive american cars too :)

I'm in Nashua NH area... totally down to meet up !
GXP doesn't see the light of day until the salt is gone though :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea taz I'd be down for Buffalo too. All I hada mention to my pops was Buffalo wings and he was in! Haha I'm doing well and so is my family hope you and yours are doing well too! Happy new year everyone.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh trust me gsx I know there are decent ppl out there too. Anything where there are devoted individuals to anything whether it be comicon a fashion show or a car show, you can find a good mix of personalities. Lookin forward to all of us gathering up n heading to the dragway for a meet up there. My brother took his evo x up there with a bunch of his buddies n he enjoyed it. I still have yet to go up there.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Pony killer i was born in Buffalo NY. Earie county. Would love to see a bunch of our cars up in Niagara Falls, would make for an awesome picture. Was actually talking to the wife about a trip to the North.
That's cool. Born and raised here. That would be nice to have some out of towners and if it's a go and guys from out of state can make it, then that would make it even sweeter. There's a meet up in Canada come spring which I am planning on attending this year. I missed it last year but a few local guys went. Plus we have a good size amount of local members here around town, so I'm hoping for a good turn out. I planned on tossing the idea of the wing meet during the Canadian meet and see if it is a go and possibly when . If it is , I'll start a thread and toss an open invite. I was actually at the anchor bar last week and noticed the lack of parking spaces they have. There is a Wendy's parking lot next door but I don't think they'll take to kindly to people parking in their lot to go next door. We'll see. Stay warm guys. Happy New Year !

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Update for the chicken wing meet.

This May , I believe the 16th, we are having a canadian member meet. Gonna run the idea by those guys and any local guys who go and see if they are interested.
I did have an idea that I pm'd zepcom, local member and moderator here with but hadn't heard back from him yet. There's a car show that is a benefit for a friend of zepcoms that is done once a year. We normally show up around 9 am and if it was like last year, it will go till noon or 1 and then they do a cruise to Roswell cancer Institute to give them a check from money raised at the event. The anchor bar which is the original place of the buffalo wing is minutes away from Roswell.

So what I am thinking of doing is making the chicken wing meet up on the same day as the car show. Start at nine and go till mid day. I'd think 1 or 2 pm at the latest . Go for the cruise to roswell, which isn't to far ,20 minutes tops. Then go to the anchor bar, which I assume we'll get there around 3 or so, guestimate. I thought this would give people time to come this way and if you happen to miss out on the show , then there's still the anchor bar. Be done with everything by 7, I'd think? That way it's not to late at night to drive back.

The show is called Jaque4all. May have spelled that wrong. Nice show that is done at a local storage facility for some super high end cars being garaged. Maybe 15 cars in storage there when I've gone in the past.

Again , I know that it's a drive for some of you guys and wanted it to be worth the trip and hope to get a big turn out for us and to help with the benefit. I'm going to talk to zepcom, hopefully , as well as the others. See what they think . What do you guys think ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts