Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't go too long without one.

2012 r1 0 miles

Home in the garage. Bought a house needed new "furniture" lol

Sunday ride... Great way to break her in :D

Scrubbing in the new tires!

All and all I love it. The cross plane crank makes power in an interesting way, I'd say its a hybrid between a twin and an inline... Crazy. And the traction control is neat I've only got 203 miles on it since I picked it up yesterday, more riding opinions after I get more seat time.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Sexyyyyyyy. I was lookin at a Matte Gray R1 before I settled on the Duc. Took some for a test ride and I really enjoy the XplanPlane crank. Throw a full graves link exhaust on that baby and let her roar!

Congrats bud.

Sent from a nuclear facility

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sexyyyyyyy. I was lookin at a Matte Gray R1 before I settled on the Duc. Took some for a test ride and I really enjoy the XplanPlane crank. Throw a full graves link exhaust on that baby and let her roar!

Congrats bud.

supposedly a tune alone opens up about 15 to the ground, which we both know is HUGE on a bike, but i don't need more power just gotta shake off the cobwebs and get back to dragging knee. bought on saturday by sunday had 2xx miles on it, heres a pic of me breakin her in.

http://www.curvephotos.com/p411894585/e66dd24e4

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Tune will help big time. Always been a yamaha fan, most aggressive styling. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I raced against some of those guys at gateway and I gave them a bunch of rc51 bodywork.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
yeah, Jerry is awesome, and i've known most of those guys for a long while, fun group to go ride with, all pretty quick on the street :D

Tune will help big time. Always been a yamaha fan, most aggressive styling. Enjoy and be safe.

Thanks, yeah, i've always been a suzi guy but i got a hell of a deal, and it seemed the most bang for the buck in the litre bike category :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
i cant believe they had one with no miles on it.

i have an 09 that i rebuilt and i filed a mechanics lien on it so hopefully that comes through.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i cant believe they had one with no miles on it.

i have an 09 that i rebuilt and i filed a mechanics lien on it so hopefully that comes through.
Big St. Charles, i think they said they had one more in black, got a couple of the yamaha blue's left, go see yan levitt, he's an acquaintance of mine tell him i sent ya.

you on the stlryderz board? you should be! my sn there is Artoo.

·
Registered
498 Posts
lol unfortunately man i was stationed at ft leonard wood and left the area in '12. I raced at gateway from 09-11. never knew about stlriderz and im now in south ga.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Never been a bike guy but I wouldn't mind trying it out. Last thing I need is something else that sucks up my monies though.

Congrats on the new purchase...sweet lookin' bike.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Nice bike! Love the way the flat plane sounds with proper exhaust. I'll stick with ZRX though until I get the new 14+ Aprila Touno V4R.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice bike! Love the way the flat plane sounds with proper exhaust. I'll stick with ZRX though until I get the new 14+ Aprila Touno V4R.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
its way different, its tractor like, lol.

I'll do an akro full evo-ti/carbon system at some point, need to shed the weight and i love the sound of em.

loves me some Aprilia, I've almost bought a few different RSV's over the years, never could pull the trigger though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
farsighted770
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing