Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the paint issue is a major broken record. But can anyone say for certain what was done or not done to our paint job that is typically done to other cars? I hear things like "not enough layers", "too thin", "water-based", "environmentally friendly", etc. Can anyone say for sure, or is it all just speculation? The reason I ask is because it is very disheartening when you work so hard to keep your vehicle looking it's best, but after just my first winter, I already have a couple of paint battle wounds. There are so many nice things about this car, but everything on the exterior seems to be fragile or sensitive to specific weather conditions (including the wheels) :(

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Not to sound like a a-hole...

But does it matter? We do all we can to protect it... Just need to lean how to polish and make our rides look the best... None of the reasons will help you make it look good or better...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to sound like a a-hole...

But does it matter? We do all we can to protect it... Just need to lean how to polish and make our rides look the best... None of the reasons will help you make it look good or better...
That is true. I just needed to get it off of my chest. I'm sure everyone has a paint story to tell. Can I ask how yours has held up? I know you are in a different climate then I am.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My front end looks like a pizza faced teenager. Nothing I can do but repaint it. Thank god for the clear covers on metal parts.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My front end looks like a pizza faced teenager. Nothing I can do but repaint it. Thank god for the clear covers on metal parts.
Thanks for your feedback. Good sense of humor, too :gr_jest:
I didn't mean to bring up a subject that has already been analyzed to the max. It's just new to me as I close in on my first year of ownership. Obviously, I'm still delighted to have the car.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Nothing wrong with water base. Mercedes Benz uses it. Its just too thin on our cars.
I always use an instant detailer spray and wipe after I wash mine and does an awesome job. I use turtle wax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts