Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had the cortex tune for my gt for a while now and really ever since I got it my car has been shifting bad...ive tried shift torque at 50% 25% and stock all pretty much feel the same. I took the tune off and my car dirves much better.

I really do not like the DOD at highway speeds I can really feel it through the brake pedal.

If I dont really plan on doing many more mods if any should I look for a different tune or just stay stock?

can the cortex for now be used to ONLY turn off dod and not change anything else?

thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you don't like the trans tune(which kinda surprises me) you can leave the trans settings stock and just tune the engine/disable DOD. Select advanced tune and then set all relevant trans settings to stock.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Try this and see if it puts a smile on your face, 91 octane tune, 100%/cortex shift tq, raise your shift points all by 200rpm, dod off, and raise the speed limiter. That should wake her up.

But as Joe said you can leave everything stock and turn off the dod if you want.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
100% shift torque is fun, but not the best for tire wear and smooth shifting.

0%-25% shift torque is were most find happiness.

Stock shift points, raised rpm limiter, raised speed limiter and AFM disabled.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
sell that bs hand held crap and get a real tune...

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Many are happy as hell with the Cortex, and have been for years.

Other items that may cause shifting problems:
Deformed or damaged transmission seals
Low transmission fluid

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
i loved the cortex when i had one. dod off, 25% shift, shift points 150 up. 93 octane roto tune. having said that, a true dyno tune woke up the g8 even more, and couldnt be happier.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Yeah, I also loved my Cortex tuner when I had it. I think for the cost it serves its purpose very well. I kept my shift torque at 50%, DOD off, RotoFab 93 Octane, raised shift, raised rpm, speed limiter off, SC fan settings. It pulled hard and was very reasonable for daily driving.

As far as selling it for another tune when all you really seem to want to do is disable DOD, no dont do it, not worth the extra coin.

If performance and shift tuning refinement is important, than yes there are better options out there. Also, never say never when it comes to Modifying...it's contagious and there really isn't a cure. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts