Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got a set of Kooks longtubes on order. However from what I'm hearing, due to covid, Kooks are backordered out til the end of the Month at the earliest on these headers.

My car is going back together after a DOD delete this week, probably be ready to start tomorrow if I had the exhaust situation worked out. But ultimately, I would like to get headers installed before I get my tune, that way I don't have to redo the tune.

Soo, since I'm hearing the obx are kooks copies, here's the question about the obx system. If i were to just order them, and installed them temporarily, does anybody know if I would I be able to mate the Kooks up to the obx mid section once I get them?

It'd be awesome if thats the case, I can get the obx in probably late this week or early next week, installed and have the car tuned and driving. This way I can be patiently waiting for the Kooks to come in.

I could then continue to use the OBX xpipe back which I don't mind terribly. Just depends on if the headers will mate up.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I run Maximizer which are the same as OBX. Mine came with resonators and not cats. I bought a set of Kooks high flow cats and they fit fine. So I’d say you’d be fine. Honestly, I’m not sure why you’d want to swap if you can get ONX now. A retune by Pat G is only $50. Once you have the OBX headers in, why would you spend another $700 just for the headers?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
As Jeff noted the set up has resonators that look like cats. Now the Kooks cats are almost as much as the whole OBX system. You can buy a pair 200 cell metal core cats for $300 or less and have them welded in place of the resonators. Add extenders for the rear sensors and you will have a complete system.

Reactions: Jeff92se
1 - 3 of 3 Posts