Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would the NT05 at the same 245 size be a decent upgrade over our stock tires?

inflate dim approved rim
245/40ZR19 98W 26.73 9.65 8.0-(8.5)-9.5

or should i go with

275/30R19 96W 25.51 10.71 9.0-(9.5)-10.0
275/35ZR19 100W 26.65 10.79 9.0-(9.5)-11.0

im not going to be doing any Road courses and im thinking the 275 even not being a perfect fit on my rims would probably still grip better in a turn anyhow just because of of the grip it has.

any advice is welcome. These will be on my stock 19" rims so im assuming i wont have to do any modifications if i did get the 275's correct?

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
How much power you making? And do you plan to replace tires every 6months.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
928 Posts
The Nitto NT05 is an awesome tire. I've had 3 different tires (stockers, Conti DW and NT05) and the Nitto blows the other two out of the water in the "performance" category.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i put 340 to the wheels right now. and will probably be that way for a little while. as is right now 1st is useless and i will roast all of second gear if i dont let off some. I have Zero TQ management in my tune. and i only maybe put 10k miles on my car a year and that is a high mileage year. i would think the tires would hold up better than every 6 months.

ill probably go with the 245's then. i just found my front right tire has a 7 inch rip length wise down the tire... glad i was looking at my tires today.

i found a 2 nt05 245/35/19 for $176 each free shipping. looks like a good deal to me

·
Leadfoot
513 Posts
i put 340 to the wheels right now. and will probably be that way for a little while. as is right now 1st is useless and i will roast all of second gear if i dont let off some. I have Zero TQ management in my tune. and i only maybe put 10k miles on my car a year and that is a high mileage year. i would think the tires would hold up better than every 6 months.

ill probably go with the 245's then. i just found my front right tire has a 7 inch rip length wise down the tire... glad i was looking at my tires today.

i found a 2 nt05 245/35/19 for $176 each free shipping. looks like a good deal to me
I have not used the NT05 but I use the NT01 on my track BMW and they are ridiculous. Stickiest tires Ive driven on. I have heard the NT05 is an awesome tire as well. But you wont get the same kind of mileage as on the potenza 050 that came oe.

Just something to throw at you, the Potenza RE-11 is an amazing tire and the old version is on clearance at most major places because they dont make it anymore. I found them for $207/ea + shipping and I am ordering a set today.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i got 15-18k out of my NT05's. thats with some long trips and aggressive driving too. I am however going to try a different tire to compare. i dont like the NT05 in the rain here in FL.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
i got 15-18k out of my NT05's. thats with some long trips and aggressive driving too. I am however going to try a different tire to compare. i dont like the NT05 in the rain here in FL.
I always recommend the Hankook V12's for definite rain traction best tire I have ever driven in the rain with. They have an uncanny ability to tread water.

To the OP I have no experience with the NT05's so I'm no help, but I loved my Hankooks I had on my G8 and will probably put a set on my new 5.0 or the new Cooper Zeon RS3's.

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
I have the NT-05, and i was hooking just slightly worse (1.78 to 1.82) on my stock wheels with the 275 NT-05. My buddy with a similar modded G8 with CCW drag backs with drag tirese (not sure which ones) was pulling 1.73 to 1.75. We both ran the same in the quarter mile (11.8s)

It lasted about 12k, 30passes at the track and i still have another 3 to 4k. I bet without the drag racing it would easily get 20k in miles.

It made first gear helpful again and I am at 440ish hp

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I have the NT-05, and i was hooking just slightly worse (1.78 to 1.82) on my stock wheels with the 275 NT-05. My buddy with a similar modded G8 with CCW drag backs with drag tirese (not sure which ones) was pulling 1.73 to 1.75. We both ran the same in the quarter mile (11.8s)

It lasted about 12k, 30passes at the track and i still have another 3 to 4k. I bet without the drag racing it would easily get 20k in miles.

It made first gear helpful again and I am at 440ish hp
Damn nice 60' times. I may have to look at these for myself..

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
so I looked at my last time slip, and I would like to make a correction.
I pulled a 1.752 and my buddy pulled 1.68. So it was actually better LOL.

besides the different tires and wheel setup, I had 3.27 gears and he had 3.45 gears. I have a 6.2 with a mild cam, he has a 6.0 with a more aggressive cam and has 10 hp more than me.

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice. do yall think there would be Any issues putting the 275/30/19's on my rim clearance wise? if there is ill just stick with the 245/40/19's i just figure if im going to get new tires id like to make sure there meatier and it does add a nice look having wider meat out back. but i do not want to roll my fender or anything. and i dont plan on lowering my car anytime soon. i keep seeing posts of some people having issues with 275 tires but im thinking maybe there on 20 inch rims.

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
I thought they had a 265 but that is only in 18in. I didn't have any trouble with my 18 in rims. and supposedly the 18 and 19 are the same size besides the sidewall height. I say go for it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went ahead and Ordered 245/40/19's for my G8 tonight. they Should be a good upgrade vs my current very worn down stock tires.

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
sorry I should have said, I didn't have any troubles with my 275s on my 18s you shouldn't have any issues. Anyway, the 245s will do you good too, so enjoy them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts