Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many prototypes were actually made? I know there was at least one. I think these will become extremely valuable over time if they'll let go of them.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Did you watch the Barrett Jackson Auction?
Most prototypes have junk titles so you cant register them in the US to drive...They become worthless unless you own a museum.

Hell the CTS-V that ran the nuremberg trials only went for $66,000 had a Junk title.
Had a couple Prototype Vets that went for cheaper than a new Vet.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do watch some of it each year. I think collectors aren't interested in titling cars. They either want to place them in a showroom or sit on them and resell them in 5-8 years and make money off them.

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
There were at least 3 that I can remember.
-1) The first one (navy blue) was shown when Pontiac first announced that they would be selling them.
-2) A member on this forum posted several pics of a black one at an auto show.
-3) Then, there was the red one for last year's SEMA show.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry if this upsets you but I saw a red one over here (Adelaide, SA, near Elizabeth where the plant is). Then again it flashed past so fast all I saw was that it was a ute body with a G8 front. It may have been RHD too as usually Holden's test cars with LHD have a large white sticker on the rear window to indicate that (which I didn't notice but it did flash past fast..). Maybe someone has contrived to get the bits to put on a local ute? (There's the odd Monaro with a GTO front.)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Sorry if this upsets you but I saw a red one over here (Adelaide, SA, near Elizabeth where the plant is). Then again it flashed past so fast all I saw was that it was a ute body with a G8 front. It may have been RHD too as usually Holden's test cars with LHD have a large white sticker on the rear window to indicate that (which I didn't notice but it did flash past fast..). Maybe someone has contrived to get the bits to put on a local ute? (There's the odd Monaro with a GTO front.)
Someone posted on here or charlie's site that there is a red ute in AU that has received a Pontiac conversion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts