Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for everyone. I was in a fairly significant wreck and the G8 is a total loss. I have a tune installed via a Cortex tuner. Tried connecting the Cortex tuner to return the tune to stock and unlock the tuner, but when connected to the OBD2 port nothing happens. All of the damage was done to the chassis underneath the car and there is very little body damage so I don't think it is a wiring issue. The motor was still running after the accident, but I shut it off instantly due to weird noise (good thing because the oil pan was busted as well). However, the tranny could not be shifted out of park when the wrecker tried to load it. He said that was common and that the computer would often lock everything up in a wreck. The steering wheel airbag deployed on the driver side, but all airbags deployed on the passenger side. Someone else has told me there is often an ignition type of lock activated in an accident that requires a reset. He said the reset was usually in the trunk. I looked but did not find anything in the trunk. Anyone have any suggestions? Checked, and have power to both cigarette lighter sockets. Help...

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Can the ignition key be moved to the off/lock position and the key be removed ? Since you say you *can get* Accy power outlet power, that would indicate that the key (when in position #1) seems to work OK. That means you should be able to get all the things assigned to that ACCY buss as well as the RAP buses at that time. Will the ignition key rotate to the #2 position ? If it will, it would then tell me that you can power up all things in the car (like cluster powers up etc). If not, I'm thinking that the DLC connector would not let you access the ECM or other modules as needed. Answers to this should help in trying to figure out what power may be lost. That part about ignition reset (if required or can be performed) is unknown to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts