Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I believe they are mangaflow clones. They should sound identical to the magnaflow axle backs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
does anyone have any more info on these? i've found them for 250 shipped... cheapest everything else seems to be in the 600 range...

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I have them on my car. They are Magnaflow clones, yes. Sound good and the quality is good too.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I would try them for that price. Add some j pipes to em and be good to go

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
265 Posts
Anyone know how these are with drone?
Since I'm in the land of getting gouged(Canada) these will cost me about $380 after shipping and taxes. I can get Solo's for about $565, I think(waiting on email from Solo).
Thinking I should just get the Solo's and not worry about it.
Any opinions?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Anyone know how these are with drone?
Since I'm in the land of getting gouged(Canada) these will cost me about $380 after shipping and taxes. I can get Solo's for about $515, I think(waiting on email from Solo).
Thinking I should just get the Solo's and not worry about it.
Any opinions?

If you are not planning on installing long tube headers any time soon, I would recommend getting the Solo's. Why is it so expensive to get anything shipped into Canada?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread Op, but just a quick question. Would the axle backs alone fit a V6?i know the Oem GT mufflers bolt right on, but would aftermarkets be the same?
They should bolt right up.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
i cant wait for my obx mufflers to show up... i just had an xpipe put in my exhaust and jesus these stock mufflers are raspy... they are ear piercing past half throttle!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i cant wait for my obx mufflers to show up... i just had an xpipe put in my exhaust and jesus these stock mufflers are raspy... they are ear piercing past half throttle!
The obx mufflers will most likely be a bit louder than the stock gxp mufflers, just an observation.
I could be wrong though.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
thats fine as long as its deeper...

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
The obx mufflers will most likely be a bit louder than the stock gxp mufflers, just an observation.
I could be wrong though.

I think they might be a little quieter. But I have never had stock GXP axlebacks so I couldn't say for sure.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
i'm pretty sure the only way it would be louder is to be actual straight pipe... its deff louder than my muffler delete resonator only 3" exhaust was on my turbo cobalt at 21lbs ...

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
i'm pretty sure the only way it would be louder is to be actual straight pipe... its deff louder than my muffler delete resonator only 3" exhaust was on my turbo cobalt at 21lbs ...
Actually, my OBX axlebacks are an order quieter than my old Pypes axlebacks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts