Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Have Bar Will Travel
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
checking out the AC on my car I plugged up some gages and had 115-120 on the low side and 120 on the high side. Even with the car running and AC on. compressor belt and pulley was turning.

when I disconnected my gages and the high side port seemed to break open - so it leaked as I was trying to put the plastic cap on. which I know won't hold pressure. It appears replaceable.

2 questions can you replace the high side port on the G8 without replacing the whole hose?

and

Pressure difference - is it possible that just the expansion valve is bad or do I need to just order a compressor before I start tearing into it.

OAT at the time was 80F.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
checking out the AC on my car I plugged up some gages and had 115-120 on the low side and 120 on the high side. Even with the car running and AC on. compressor belt and pulley was turning.

when I disconnected my gages and the high side port seemed to break open - so it leaked as I was trying to put the plastic cap on. which I know won't hold pressure. It appears replaceable.

2 questions can you replace the high side port on the G8 without replacing the whole hose?

and

Pressure difference - is it possible that just the expansion valve is bad or do I need to just order a compressor before I start tearing into it.

OAT at the time was 80F.
This worked for me: https://www.g8board.com/forums/5-v8-engine-tech-l76-ls3/93745-about-c-performance-g8-2.html#post3652943

1 - 2 of 2 Posts