Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 2/23/13 I installed a Radiator Express radiator in my G8 GT. This discount radiator started to leak leaving pools of coolant all over town. The dealer stated the radiator separated at the bottom where the fins meet the plastic base. The engine fans were blowing coolant back into the engine making a mess and generating a strong coolant smell, this made me think the HG was leaking.

Upon contacting Radiator Express for a refund I discovered they will NEVER refund your money. There process entails the buyer returning the radiator at buyers expense, then Radiator Express evaluates the radiator and determines if its shipping damage or a manufacturer defect, IF manufacturer defect they send you another radiator - in several weeks. While your waiting they recommend you buy another radiator as the inspection process can take weeks..wow yeah I know. I am going to waste another 150.00 dollars on another cheap radiator - not.

Back to the OEM radiator, it cost 677.43 MSRP, the dealer gave me a 75.00 discount bringing the cost down to 600.00, GM Parts Direct list the radiator for 414.53 with shipping of 107.78 total price of 522.37, a difference of 77.63, the dealer stands by their work and the part comes with a warranty, and problems - drive back to the installing dealer.

Morale - Cheaper isn't always better, you could spend more money in the end. The OEM radiator is clearly superior to the cheap one I installed which failed in very short order. For some parts its best to stay OEM.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
ummm, why did you need a new one in the first place?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Call keystone or your local lkq corp location as they sell keystone parts. They come with a warranty and are good quality for radiators.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts