Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevy SS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... as some of you may have seen from my Facebook posts, I am selling replica window stickers for the GTO, G8, PPV, and SS cars.

Since GM can not (will not?) provide us with reprinted window stickers, I took it upon myself to painstakingly recreate our window stickers down to the last little detail. I had many, many people send me pictures of their actual window stickers, which I sifted through and sorted by year, options, color, etc... then I took all of the formatting, layout, font sizes, wording, images, etc... and redesigned them to perfection.

I have completed nearly 50 of these orders for all 4 Australian Holden imports over the past 6 weeks and have not had a single complaint! They are of the highest quality and people often tell me they are much better looking than their OEM sticker!

Below is a sample picture of what a sticker looks like for a G8 GT and a GXP... they are printed on 80-lb semigloss cardstock and finished with a 10 mil thick lamination to ensure durability and the highest quality possible. They certainly are show worthy!

They are fully customizable. I can add or change anything you want. I have an order form ready to go for you guys to fill out if you are interested. All you have to do is send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the order form.

To comply with forum rules: they are $50 for one print and $60 for two. Free shipping. I myself am located in Columbia, MD 21044, but the printer I chose to have them professionally has locations all over the country and your sticker will be produced and shipped from their closest location to your provided shipping address.

Thanks for reading and let me know if you are interested in one of these!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Great you have done this,
Question, the window stickers you show has the arrowheads red and the lower left logos green.
Were some 09s this way?
I have only seen black and white
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Chevy SS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great you have done this,
Question, the window stickers you show has the arrowheads red and the lower left logos green.
Were some 09s this way?
I have only seen black and white
Thanks
Nope they were all black and white... I did them in color to make them look better and more professional. I can certainly delete the color and make them black and white if someone were to want that... but, to be honest, the color logos make it look WAY better IMO...

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
Anybody have their original GXP sticker and can post a pic?

·
Registered
2017 Chevy SS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody have their original GXP sticker and can post a pic?
Don't believe me at how accurate they are?! HAHA only kidding of course.... here's the few that I got from people when I was recreating them...

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
215 Posts
Do you need more then the VIN to come up with all the Info on the car, dealer location, packages etc.? or is that just random

·
Registered
2017 Chevy SS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you need more then the VIN to come up with all the Info on the car, dealer location, packages etc.? or is that just random
I will use the VIN, color, transmission, and options since everyone knows those easily. Other stuff like dealer number, original dealer, order number, and code under the bar code are often made up by people. Like the following for example:

1) original dealer: people often choose the closest GM dealer to their house or whatever dealer they take their car for service
2) dealer number: is supposed to be a five digit number... most people use the zip code from the original dealer they choose
3) order number: supposed to be a 6-digit alphanumeric code.. most people use a birthday, 08G8GT, 09G8GT, 09G8GXP, or make up something else of significance
4) code under bar code: this is an internal code I have no way of knowing... most people leave it off or make something up similar to the above
5) EPA box code: supposed to be a 3 letter code but it usually varies from sticker to sticker for some reason... most people choose G8, GXP, or someone’s initials.

The whole thing is very customizable and I can change the layout to show or exclude any information you want! I literally designed and built it from scratch so I can change literally anything about it. I have some creative ideas I can suggest to people without full information about their cars, or people make suggestions and we go back and forth coming up with a perfect design for each individual!!

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
215 Posts
Thanks, that's what I was wondering.

Reactions: SSownerMD

·
Grand Poobah
292 Posts
I bought one for my GXP and two for my SS's and can verify that he does excellent work!

·
Registered
346 Posts
More questions if I may.
Do you print the back too?
This to make it "before attached to car"

·
Registered
2017 Chevy SS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More questions if I may.
Why is the fuel pump completely different?
Do you print the back too?
This to make it "before attached to car"
Excellent questions...
1) the fuel pump is completely different because, for the life of me, I could not find an image of the exact fuel pump from the OEM stickers... so I went with the closest looking thing to keep it with an OEM-style look
2) to keep costs down, I do not include the top part of "pull this strip to expose adhesive" because in order for it to look right that would've required a larger paper size which would've increased printing charges dramatically since it would've been a custom paper size
3) also to keep costs down, I do not print the back... one-sided printing is cheaper than two-sided, and TBH I did not even know there was anything on the back as the more than one hundred people I have had inquire about these have not asked and none of the people who sent me samples said anything about print on the back ... However, I could have that back text printed if someone were to want it there!

With the exception of the fuel pump graphic, the informative parts of these stickers are identical (or as close as actually possible)... and I would argue that the fuel pump difference does not detract anything from the overall design and one would have no idea it is not OEM unless comparing the two side by side...

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I have my sticker. Since you have the font, you can add options such as LSA supercharger, 1320 package etc? Find out who really knows their cars at shows?

·
Registered
2017 Chevy SS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have my sticker. Since you have the font, you can add options such as LSA supercharger, 1320 package etc? Find out who really knows their cars at shows?
I literally created the template from scratch... I can add or remove anything you want!

I must admit, the font is NOT 100% perfect, but after trying damn near every font offered in my business-level Word version, the one I found is about 99% within that of the original.

I can add LSA, suspension, wheels, etc...

I actually just redid my own SS print to take out all references to Chevy and replacing them Holden, Holden.com.au, changing every instance of “tire” to “tyre”, and changing “rear spoiler” to “rear boot spoiler”... it’s fully customizable to each persons individual desires, mods, and branding choices!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very cool! Count me in. I'll send you a private message shortly or in the morning. Definitely in... what a great little novelty to have for your car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts